PDA

View Full Version : Boat Racing - Where Do You Stand?

Scream And Fly
12-02-2003, 10:41 PM
Boat Racing - Where Do You Stand?

Gordie Miller
12-02-2003, 11:17 PM
I don't mean to nit pick, but your poll needs at least one more possible response. "I race now for the love of the sport". To the best of my knowledge there are no professional boat racers in the USA. By definition I mean, race and support themselves solely through sponsorships and winnings. That in my mind is the definition of a "professional" boat racer. There are some people(Seebolds)who most consider professional, but they do many other things to earn $ as the Bud Light $ and winnings are not nearly enough. If anyone knows a professional (by my definition) boat racer I'd love know who.

spn#43
12-02-2003, 11:54 PM
Aaaaa..............aaaam.......well..........ow the...aaa...or maybe....no.........:confused: ....aaaaaa....possibly......no not him.....well it ain't me definitely :(

BK
12-03-2003, 12:11 AM
There's also no spot for "I used to race" ;)

Hydrovector
12-03-2003, 10:04 AM
I used to race, but not anymore
I think I got it out of my system years ago.
I do still like to watch but circle racing, drags don't do anything for me unless it on asphalt with plenty of nitromethane:D

Mike

pyro
12-03-2003, 10:37 AM
One more option too:

I race unofficially-- (grudge matches every now and then)

baja200merk
12-03-2003, 07:56 PM
you bought that X STREAM from buster in howard beach?!?!?

thats 10mins from here im in rockaway...

how long ago did you pick that up??

Sutphen115
12-09-2003, 12:11 AM
I might like to race. But I would really like be mechanic on a team. How do you get to be a mechanic on a team??? Do you go to schooling for that or do you have to know people to get on a team. I heard of a couple of teams that were up by me from a couple of the mechanics of the marina I use to work at. But I don't know of any by me anymore.

WATERWINGS
12-09-2003, 12:48 PM
When people see my 'stream they always seem to ask, if I race it..........

I say only when somebody gets beside me..............:D

Jeff_G
02-25-2004, 10:20 AM
Interesting pole. About 37% are either going to or contemplating racing. I would really like to hear why those out there aren't racing now? What can we do to get you on the water. Maybe another poll?
Greg how about the reasons why people aren't racing?
Not enough time...
Too complicated....
No races near me.....
Too expensive.......
Too much traveling......
Hard to find equipment......

stokernick
02-25-2004, 10:35 AM
maybe Reggie the arrogant;) :confused:

David_L6
02-25-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Gordie Miller
I don't mean to nit pick, but your poll needs at least one more possible response. "I race now for the love of the sport". To the best of my knowledge there are no professional boat racers in the USA. By definition I mean, race and support themselves solely through sponsorships and winnings. That in my mind is the definition of a "professional" boat racer. There are some people(Seebolds)who most consider professional, but they do many other things to earn $ as the Bud Light $ and winnings are not nearly enough. If anyone knows a professional (by my definition) boat racer I'd love know who.

That's exactly why I haven't voted, Gordie.

Jeff_G
02-25-2004, 10:55 AM
What I think he was refering to was the ODBA/ APBA/ AOF sanctioned racer as opposed to the guy that river races.