PDA

View Full Version : THE OMC TROOPS ARE ON THE MOVE!!/the road trip from hell!

Instigator
05-02-2001, 08:00 AM
After 36hrs, 4 states, $1.99 a gallon gas in Chicago, Chicago rush hour traffic, 900 miles, I'm finally making head way! Thank you Rich for the donor motor for my FrankenRude project, thanks to Bill G. for the parts to make it "Scarry Fast". The last few days have been good ones (but long) for the OMC people. Lets review: A JohnRude takes second at a 24 hour race in France, think their on to something???? News of a fellow hotboater taking delivery of a OMC bullet (a model that will surprise and shock some of the "non believers") set to kill, me finally finding a motor worth buying, and all the people that have offered to help with my project and coaxed me on when I was very tired of the B.S. The H.P.'s are there and the time is drawing near to put them on display!! Project FrankenRude is ALIVE!!This started out as the fulfilment of the dream of having a Stream, and to make it OMC powered. All I wanted to do was rig it to my liking and make it run good. After some of the bashing that has gone on, on this board in the last couple of months it has gotten personal! I'm pissed and I've got something to prove! Some of the merc guys have made personal attacks on some very well known and respected individuals, because they run OMC????? GET A GRIP!(Funny thing though, one of those respected individuals that got bashed was giving technical advice on the board) Well guess what??? It back fired! While defending my choice to run a FIIIIIIISSSSSHIN MOHHHHHTARR, I have had numerous phone calls, e-mails etc. from some of these un-named OMC individuals offering their assitance. They all said the same thing. The power's there, you just have to build it yourself because you cant buy it like the black motors. And let us know what you need! So, let the games begin! I also chose to be different in another way, I am going after top end speed and giving up everything else to get it. That to me is the ultimate test of H.P.'s. Lots of motors flash big numbers on a dyno, but could never live at that level. I am prepared to go through many parts to get there, but it will happen! Thank you to every one that has supported and motivated me, and a special thanx to all the OMC "Tuners" that have offered their expertise. You know who you are. See Yah at the "Big End"! Instigator

[Edited by Instigator on 05-02-2001 at 09:21 AM]

KaptainKirk
05-02-2001, 10:47 AM
You go Boyyyy!!!!!
I can't wait for these results!!!

thumper
05-02-2001, 01:07 PM
oh boy.....

O/B-1
05-02-2001, 02:31 PM
I was up by your house a couple of weeks ago. I stopped by to see that new Stream But you or the Stream wasn't there. Good luck with the project and when this thing runs you out of house and home I got two bedrooms I've only opend the doors on a few times. You can stay there till you get back on your feet.

Instigator
05-02-2001, 03:04 PM
The Stream's only been out of the driveway once, but I just moved the Sonic to a storage yard last Friday. If you saw the nighborhood, you can guess that we're not supposed to have anything in the driveway. Neighbor had his pop up camper bounced, so over a beer I told him I'd put the Sonic there and really piss em off. That was last Winter! Figured I was pushin it with the second boat there though. Should of seen em all run out of there houses when I fired the black motor on the Stream on the hose!! Where's your new place?? OB1 the same as Brent??

P.S. You've got the being run out of the house gig nailed!! I think drugs are cheaper (maybe safer) than boats!

[Edited by Instigator on 05-02-2001 at 03:13 PM]

LaveyT
05-02-2001, 03:28 PM
Yep,Its Brent,Hes so desparate hes been hangin out at the local boat ramp!No ****,hes hurtin so bad hes drivin past Your house!I caught him sniffin round my exuast housing,Whewww,thats like drinkin Boong water.He better get a boat soon,(his wife winked at me).Hehehhe.
Ps.Is that how you spell Boong?Boung,bong,Bong yea thats the ticket

LaveyT
05-02-2001, 03:30 PM
Ok,whats a bullet motor?

O/B-1
05-02-2001, 03:42 PM
Guess I coulda told you who I was. I'm working under a new alias on this board. BP just didn't seem to be cool enough. L.T.'s right I got it BAD BAD BAD. It won't be long though. I should be back in action well before the Rumble and if I can't find the right one thats more money I can spend on a rig for next season, if I still have a job. Working on a place to keep the next one right now.

Instigator
05-02-2001, 03:57 PM
Give you the Stream, the black motor, the real motor (the assemble it yourself kit) and all the parts for what I've got in it???? I want the OB-1 name too, what do you want for it???
Glad to hear your in the new house, CONGRATS!

Scott Tharpe
05-07-2001, 08:19 PM
Need name and number for least expensive mail ordering for OMC parts. Need piston for 225 and few gaskets.Thanx in advance

Rickracer
05-07-2001, 10:25 PM
Email me what you need, and have a price almost immediately.

Instigator
05-10-2001, 06:49 PM
I'll let you have it cheap though! If Rick can help you, he's a good dude and has helped me before. Instigator

wetvette
05-11-2001, 02:46 AM
INSTIGATOR
Thanks for being the first to post about my 15 Allison.good luck on your 3.0 stream its going to fly if you need any parts from a XP 200 {old open deck no finger ports }I have a complete powerhead taking up space in my shop also have a closed deck finger port block crank & rods Allison project on hold for now working on bigger things Thanks again
Pat

Sleekster
05-11-2001, 04:48 PM
is way out on this one. But you know, I think that is the only way you operate. You certainly have the respect of many, and the support of more. Don't EVEN play with selling the Stream and project. You scare people like that. Shoot I even felt the earth stand still. Don't go playing with nature like that.

Should I bring an extra block to the Rumble just in case?

Sorry I missed the openning posts on this one. You know, I'm still eating **** sandwiches for a little while longer and a little slow on the site check-ins..

Instigator
05-11-2001, 07:08 PM
Sell my baby??? No way. Not until I either get it to do what I think it can or give up trying!
Yeah bring the block to the Rumble.
This first build is going to be fairly mild, lots of extra there if I need it! Mostly going after correct rigging, making our custom mid work etc,etc.
As far as the **** sandwiches, been there done that! One of the best forms of therapy for me at that point in my life was the Sonic project. Keep your self busy, keep your chin up, and keep swinging!!!! I can come out that way and take care of things if you need me to???
You've got all your parts now dont you???
Got an e from Jimmy C. that the 250 parts are in so Donna and I are doing a short road trip to pick them up tomorrow AM and if all goes well the 250 should be alive Sunday!! I need a fix bad!
Give me a call collect this weekend and check in.
Hope all is as well as can be expected and you know you've always gotta place to hang in Cols!!
See Yah Bro!
Gary

Sleekster
05-11-2001, 10:43 PM
Check the my post in the Rigs section on the Sleekcraft.

Parts are in, going on an early AM trip myself to get the block. I'd reeeeeeeeeeally like to get this thing together and start dialing it in and playing. I might have to be a little slower about it than I hoped. Kids, no life, steady diet of **** sandwiches helping me to look for another restaurant.

Hey, if I can't be riding in mine, at least let me live vicariously through you. The Sonic is crying to go out and play. I can hear it and I'm 485 miles away.

Thanks for the support. Looks like I might be a man w/o a modem of his own for while. I'll keep you informed.

I'll call ya and