PDA

View Full Version : Upper MIDWEST Racers (MN, WI, IA, ND)

tabararacing
11-17-2003, 04:58 PM
The TCPBA (Twin City Power Boat Assoc) is located at SportC.com/tcpba . Schedules, racing news, message board, everything you need to know about OPC racing in region 8 TCPBA. Our events will have some kneeldowns, and Drags next season.
Anyone interested in racing up in these areas, feel free to email or call me.
BT
218-273-4304
brian@tabararacing.com

Balzy
11-17-2003, 06:47 PM
we would probably do more of the drags this year. Do you have any idea which races, when, and where?

tabararacing
11-18-2003, 02:20 AM
Balzy you bet I do. I want your phone number, email, and also theres a guy that attended the TCPBA annual banquet who ran Drags at Hastings. He has the number 5 Foster Mod VP boat. He has a car dealership. What his name, phone number and email. I'd really like to talk to you guys about getting you guys at as many events as I possibly can. I want as many drags as I can get at Moose Lake MN. please email info to me at : brian@tabararacing.com . Also I think you guys need to get a hold of Alan Tucker who is the drag activity chair. You can reach him at tcpba@sportc.com.

THANKS! I already got an email from a guy on this board with a 2.5 STV wants to know what class does that fit in. Yes, I should know, but I only keep up to date with OPC rules.
Brian Tabara
218-273-3404
brian@tabararacing.com

spn#43
11-18-2003, 06:48 AM
Hey Brian;
I can bring you few Mod-u's if you paying any tow money.

KaptainKirk
11-18-2003, 07:47 AM
I'm slo but how do I get a log on for the message board on that site.
And how far is this moose place from chicagoland?
Blarney Island is and always will be the Bob Albee show so maybe I will spend some more time towing and try my hand some where else.

K.K.

tabararacing
11-18-2003, 03:48 PM
What kinda tow money does it take to get you boys up here? How many boats? We usually have 6 Mod U's to as high as 7... consitantly the same boats show, and typically few owners for mod U boats. Email me SPN #44 at brian@tabararacing.com.

Hey KK Moose Lake from Kankakee is 10 hours driving speed limit. So from Chicago land what is that 8 hours? Its 94 to I 35 the whole way.

The message board there is non member password. Hop on SportC.com/tcpba click on messageboard on the side and post away. I only ask you sign your name and give emails for people for to contact you. You will get an error when posting, ignore it, it posted. (yeah I know, i'm working on it, i'm no greg with this computer ****)
BT

Balzy
11-18-2003, 07:12 PM
My e-mail is Mbalz@charter.net. My cell is (920) 946-5385. The guy with Greg Fosters old Mod VP boat is Jim Holmann. He owns Bavarian Motorsports and his boat kick ASS !!!! At least it did mine at Hastings. Don't know if you remember but we met up there in the Drivers meeting. I have the red HST with the checkered ass and took second behind Holmann that day. Give me a call or e-mail. We will get some stuff worked out. I think RP may be talking to Alen about all this. I guess we all gotta get our ducks in a row soon. All I see we need is some fair classes and enough prize money to cover your expences if you place decent. Kinda sucked at Hatings last year, we got NOTHING at all.

tabararacing
11-20-2003, 02:06 AM
Balzy, Yes I remember you and your boat, how the hell can ya miss that thing? HAHA. That boat truly has a great paintjob, for those who haven't seen it in person, your missing out. Photos don't capture it!
Well as you know APBA races cost a bit of cash. They cost more then most people would figure. So to fund these races the TCPBA club has to use entree fees to cover the event. I honestly don't go racing for the cash. I know alot of people try to go race for some cash, however, the sport of powerboat racing as you know, is a non profit sport. (unless you have a product to sell!) The club really is the extreme at non profit. Nowadays if I get a check for 20.00 for tow money, I just assume not get that 20.00 for the well being of the club. That way they can get some savings together later on for events that need extra cash.
I think that it is giong to be important for local organizations to take Drags in, and Stock Outboards. Unfortantly the organized racing numbers have been declining for quite some time, by taking in more categories to the shows it'll help boost the sport by giving spectators more variety.
I realize that there is alot of drags out there, Jim H mentioned 15-20? He said alot of people are wanting to hunt him down. I think thats good for the sport! Are you guys racing for APBA points, or just racing for the sake of racing? If you guys are wanting to do the APBA points then I think TCPBA and drags could grow into a very good show!
Personally I'll enter in 2 classes with my 120 boat, so each day I get 60 laps in, however, I pay two seperate entree fees. Unfortantly I have to pay to play, but I get the same points that they do elsewhere and there is friendly compettiion locally and some are good at that.
I'll be sending you some mail as we go along!
Brian

Hole$hot
11-20-2003, 08:51 AM
Hey Brian. My name is Chris Holzinger. I plan on hitting some of the drags this summer. RP is rebuilding my powerhead and I am looking for a drag prop. My boat is at my moms house in Champlin, so I hope there is a drag race at the father hennepin. Moose lake sounds doable too. I live in Maple Grove. E-mail me at Holzinger6@comcast.net
Or call (763) 494-5003

KaptainKirk
11-20-2003, 09:24 AM
Ya'll keep the slo flatlander in the loop....

Kirk Buchholtz
rapidcrapper@aol.com

tabararacing
11-20-2003, 10:26 AM
That sounds good guys. ALso there is a real tentative race up in Duluth that if it does happen we'd love to have you guys. I only work with and on 2 races. The Moose Lake and Duluth Races. We are commited to the Moose Lake event first and the Duluth 2nd. The Duluth race has potential to become a BIG event. It really just depends how much money I can get together for the area business'.
I look forward to seeing your guys' boats at Moose!
Brian

KaptainKirk
11-20-2003, 12:19 PM
I am in and posting there..........
See ya'll soon and please keep me up to date on whats happening.

K.K.

NPK2003
11-20-2003, 11:45 PM
This drag racing stuff sounds like fun. Do you need a real fast boat or just a lower pitch propeller to compete with you guys? I live near Milwaukee and maybe could follow that Kaptain dude up to an event sometime. e-mail me when your first event is scheduled and I'll see if I can get a boat ready. Send to npkaye@aol.com Oh yeah. Is it legal to run a modified lower unit with a nose cone? I have a helmet, but please send me any rule requirements so I can see if I can prep my boat to compete with you racer types. Maybe I have time to ask Santa for what I would need.

NPK

thaw ripper
01-14-2004, 04:31 AM
Keep us posted.

tabararacing
01-15-2004, 12:37 AM
Randy Pierson has the rules for the classes that are ran in drag. I will see if I can get my hands on them over the internet. If you guys have any questions, I'm much easier to reach through email. (Brian@tabararacing.com) Thanks, Brian