PDA

View Full Version : I would like to extend an invitation to John Lentzkow to bury the hatchet…

HowieDean
05-02-2001, 02:14 AM
I finally met John at Mt. Pleasant…. We had a cool but cordial introduction. John had had a rather trying day and had just received some serious insults from a Drunk “no it wasn’t Plum Crazy” friend of mine whose comments in my mind were way out of line and not founded in fact… I thought under the circumstances that John handled himself pretty well.

As I am Chris Domino’s press agent and promotional director I would like to apologize for the remarks made by a member of our group as he was expressing his personal sentiments, which were not based in fact and not conveyed with much tact. Chris and I both hope that John will accept this apology, as we are sincere in extending it.

Chris has been absent from the race scene for several years do to time and money constraints. He’s trying to make his return in a professional manor. I personally would ask you to cut him some slack and try to move into the future instead of dwelling in the past.

John we look forward to seeing you again at West Lake… Lets all try to put this incident and our past problems aside and conduct ourselves in the true spirit of the ODBA and the boat racing community in general….

Chris, his crew, and myself are all out there to have a good time, renew old quittances, and make new ones.

We extend an open invitation to you to stop by and say hi…. We don’t have to kiss and hug… But we would like to start mending the fence.

Sincerely
HowieDean

Greg Moss
05-02-2001, 09:09 AM
Howie This was done on the other board. If John and Chris want to mend a fence it is up to them. there is no reason to mediate it on this board. This is a personal problem between them and not us. John has to be credited with quite a engineering feat for building those chambers. there is odviously a lot of time and effort in that project. As far as Chris coming up with something new and unique I have forwarded you a picture i wish I knew how to post here it is from a 1969 Powerboat mag. of Jim Merten and a twin engine Switzer. Twin in-line 6s and megaphone exhaust. also some more bad news about Domino's invention
Get this now Chrysler built a 135 in the early 70's with megaphones on it from the factory and if you want to see one my buddy Meatball has one. Let this die they are both grown men and can take care of themselves. Greg

john lentzkow
05-02-2001, 04:45 PM
test

john lentzkow
05-02-2001, 05:46 PM
First, I thank you for your effort to make contact with me and apologize for the actions from a member of your crew for his uncalled for comments at a very difficult time. It was in very poor taste on his part and poor timing after the accident. If he had a problem with me, that is fine, but that is not how you handle it. The ODBA rules state that a driver will be responsible for his crew.

It would have been more appropriate for you at the races to have made contact with me rather than tying up this board to resolve problems between Domino and myself. There is always two sides to the story, and you took the liberty to smear my name with your posting about my pipe project before you new the facts. That did not do much good to start you and me off on the right foot as Mr. Domino's press agent.

This is not the place to resolve the problem with Mr. Domino. It is not my intention to use this site to bad mouth another racer, but I will defend my position if someone takes advantage of me. I find it very difficult to bury the hatchet as you ask due to the parts and money due to me from Mr. Domino that I paid for. I suggest you maybe know all the facts before you ask me to settle our indifference. This is between him and me, however I do appreceiate your effort. If you wish to talk to me, please do, but do it at the races, not here. We both may find that perhaps Howie and John are not such bad guys after all. Because I have a problem with Mr. Domino and have not resolved it, does not mean you and I must have ill feelings. Thank you for your concern...John Lentzkow