PDA

View Full Version : Belated thank you

drag120
10-16-2003, 02:29 PM
Sorry this is so late but I wanted to thank everyone that helped us at Jasper. Still looking for some lost rpm's but I have a new Optima battery now!! Here goes, thanks to Dave S., Rich S., Brendan Power, Jim Morris, the Grand Rapids gang (G-train and others), Vic Peters, Jeff Young, Wayne Taylor and others. Sorry if I left anyone out. Oh yeah, thanks ODBA for letting me "unscratch" and to run (well sort of anyway). I had one of the best seats in the house too!! Here's a cool story, 3 test passes, one pass to the start line and testing I went through 55 gallons of fuel. I guess I thought I was at the Rumble!! Thanks again everyone!! Tom:D

Capt.Insane-o
10-16-2003, 02:49 PM
please explain. :eek: Friggin a. zoinks and whatnot.

drag120
10-17-2003, 05:04 AM
The battery went dead on the start line when my number was up. All the gas was used testing to find my lost RPM. Boat was running 115 mph at 9000 and I thought I'd give it a try. Oh well, there's next year. I had a lot of people offer help and wanted to thank them. Tom

vic peters
10-17-2003, 09:06 PM
Tom it was great to se ya again.. It was a great event & a really good time. Wish we coulda helped more. Doin what we can to make Plymouth... We're short a truck driver due to the rescheduling.. Maybe jus cum & spectate & help the club ???Already bought plane tickets from the first date.Why waste um???Hope to see ya there... Vic

drag120
10-18-2003, 09:42 AM
Thanks Vic, going testing with Rich S. tomorrow. Have to rip up the local lakes too you know. Thinking if we find the lost rpm's I may make the trip. I don't think we will but we'll see. It may be time for the spare powerhead. Tom

RichS
10-18-2003, 07:02 PM
my box O tricks to the pond tomorrow. See if we can't fix '120's pokeyboat. Then we'll see if he can HANG!:D Hey Vic, ya wanna run in Profuel trim;)

Capt.Insane-o
10-18-2003, 07:08 PM
And have you tried a new set of coils!?:cool:

RichS
10-18-2003, 08:39 PM
Paw Paw lake, SW Mich. Watervliet ramp, just off of M-140. High noon.:cool: And yup, dun coils.

JW
10-19-2003, 07:30 AM
Old lady's got the day off, otherwise I join ya!

drag120
10-20-2003, 06:02 AM
Well we found out there is water getting into #5 cylinder. Still running 9100 rpm at 117 mph. May be either a coil divider plate cracked or a crack in the block somewhere. I put a spare divider plate on last night but didn't run it yet. Thanks Rich. Tom

RichS
10-20-2003, 08:27 PM
Hurry up and back that thing into the water, I gotta know! I think I owe you $10 back on that head gasket. And....., are you missing a ratchet with a prop nut socket on it? Found one laying in the middle of the road when I pulled out from the public landing. I tried a couple more things tonight, it was interesting:cool:

vic peters
10-20-2003, 10:50 PM
Are ya'll cummin to Plymouth??? Jus made final arrangments today to get da boat out there...YEAAAAA!!!Already had airfare paid for.. So I guess we gonna be there..Don't know if I put enough U's In youuuus guys but I been practicin... Bwaaaahaaahaa... Hope to see ya'll there...:cool: :D Vic

drag120
10-21-2003, 05:12 AM
I am missing that ratchet, thanks. I put a different coil plate on it and made 2 passes last night and it was still getting water in #5. Looks like time for the spare block now. I don't think I'll make Plymouth though.:( I was really thinking about it. Maybe if I get the other motor broken in but I don't think I can make it. Tom

RichS
10-21-2003, 05:58 AM
Sounds like time for the block pressure test:confused: Hey Vic, were from the other side of the lake from the yoouuuu's guys. I'm the only one this side of the lake that may talk like that because of hangin over there so much:p Ain't gonna make Plymouth, the 2 Bosses say NO:mad:

JTS Racing
10-21-2003, 01:14 PM
Dude, sorry bout the bad luck. Seems like sometimes when that gal hangs around its hard to run'er off.:rolleyes: Change the block, get it ready and let's do Plymouth.

I'm still fighting that nos demon. Finally said to heck with the jetting and got out the scales and stop watch to check flows. DAMN, not even close. Gunna re-jet and flow to get closer to the weight ratio and then see what happens. Should have done right the first time, but the other self just wouldn't listen :eek:.

Vic......I plan on being there! Afterall, I owe you a case of ??? ...You name the brand! :D Would like to be there sometime Friday, but all depends on how things go testing this weekend.

:cool:

vic peters
10-21-2003, 11:36 PM
Jeff glad to hear ya gonna make it.. Tom get your chit fixed & don't be no yankee wuss... Jus kiddin!!! hope to see all you guys there... Jeff i don't recall no deal bout no case.,but i ain't gunna look a gifhorse in the mouth. Make it Miller Lite, but you gotta help drink it... See Ya There... Vic:D