PDA

View Full Version : How to?

Racemore
09-27-2003, 02:03 PM
How do you post the quotes from a previous thread then reply?I see where it is transfered without retyping it.
Also how do you put a pic in your signature and what is the max size? thanks Lonnie.:cool:

Barefoot Bob
09-27-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Racemore
How do you post the quotes from a previous thread then reply?I see where it is transfered without retyping it.
Also how do you put a pic in your signature and what is the max size? thanks Lonnie.:cool:

Lonnie... Just click on the QUOTE, just above post reply, on the bottom of the thread.
As far as the picture in the signiture. I needed help there also;)

Racemore
09-27-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Barefoot Bob
Lonnie... Just click on the QUOTE, just above post reply, on the bottom of the thread.
As far as the picture in the signiture. I needed help there also;)

I can't believe that.I feel dumb but a little smarter too.:D Thanks BB.

Barefoot Bob
09-27-2003, 06:41 PM
Now if someone can show us how to put a picture in the signiture we will both be a little smarter:D :D

Rickracer
09-28-2003, 01:43 PM
Then you enter the URL of it in your user CP. I believe you can post it in the galery and use that URL , but not certain about that. :cool:

Barefoot Bob
09-28-2003, 04:39 PM
Have to try that with my Allison pic

Racemore
09-28-2003, 08:47 PM
Posted the pic in the sig gallery but can't figure out how to post it.:cool:

Boz
09-28-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Racemore

Sorry, but I had to try this myself. I was going to post the same question last week. Just testing my new found skill. Thanks Barefoot!!

Barefoot Bob
09-28-2003, 09:23 PM
I dont think it will work. I just put a few of my pics in the gallery and I dont think that will work.

What you need to do is have a host for the pic. What I meen by this is a web page to host the picture on. Then transfer from that web page to your signiture. If that makes any sence at all. I'm not a computer guru but we could all use some help here.

Can anyone help us here??

CompKing
09-28-2003, 11:29 PM
I tried to reply two times but my directions must have code in em cuz you couldn't read it so I did it as a jpg:)

I forgot,to get the URL of your pic right click on it and go to properties and copy the URL.
Heres yours racemore
http://forums.screamandfly.com/Gallery/data/506/466eli_01.jpg

Racemore
09-29-2003, 07:49 AM
WTF am I doing wrong.:confused: Im typing in the info but it won't work.Paste,what does that mean.Im so stupid about this s#*t.:rolleyes:

Barefoot Bob
09-29-2003, 08:05 AM
I am having trouble also.

You can copy anything by highlighting it and right clicking your mouse. Out of the list left click on copy. Then go to where you want to put the picture and right click again. Left click on paste and there it is. It works real good to copy anything and save it or send it to someone.

Dave...I did what you said to my gallery pic. Now I have a small red X there...LOL:rolleyes: Probobly two big of a pic I suppose I might have to photo shop it. Are you going to make it down here this weekend with your boat???? We should have a good crowd;)

CompKing
09-29-2003, 08:15 AM
Racemore,
Try putting a / after the [ and before the i in the one after the URL only.I had a hard time getting mine to work the first time too:(

CompKing
09-29-2003, 08:22 AM
Bob,
The box with the X means there is a problem with the URL.Make sure you have it right including spacing.
I have to pull docks next weekend so I don't think I will be able to make it:(

Racemore
09-29-2003, 08:41 AM
:mad:aaaaaaaUsorryPOS*#~*#~r.UhaaaaaCrash boom bang. :mad: I feel better now but I still can't make it work.:confused: :D :cool:

CompKing
09-29-2003, 08:56 AM
I tried your and it works so there must be something wrong in the spacing.There should be none,make sure your URL starts right after the ] and the same after the URL and the [

http://forums.screamandfly.com/Gallery/data/506/466eli1.jpg

Racemore
09-29-2003, 09:21 AM
I got it!I don't know why it's avatar size and the one you have isn't though.Thanks for the help Dave,Lonnie:cool:

CompKing
09-29-2003, 09:38 AM
:cool: I did notice that in the URL you tried earlier it had thumb at the end.You could right click on the pic in my last post and hit properties and copy the URL from it,for the full size one:) Now all ya need is a Scream and Fly pocket protector:D

CompKing
09-29-2003, 09:41 AM
or try just removing the -thumb from the end of URL you have now

Racemore
09-29-2003, 09:58 AM
Thanks Dave.I posted another pic,should have sized it a little better and I'll do that later.I need to find out how to delete the sig images.maybe left click on them.I'll see and thanks again.:cool:

Barefoot Bob
09-29-2003, 03:55 PM
I've got mine done also. Do you think its to long and I should shorten it up? or should I just leave it.

Dave I owe you a beer the next time you come over

Racemore
09-29-2003, 04:21 PM
Yo BB,looks good.I cropped mine down a little.I think it's better.Yours looks great the way it is.I'd say we graduated from this class.:D Thanks again Dave,I don't have to ride the short bus anymore.:D :cool:

CompKing
09-29-2003, 04:45 PM
Racemore,
No problem glad I was some help.

Bob,
Whats wrong with yours all I see is a red X again:confused:

Barefoot Bob
09-29-2003, 05:59 PM
Goofy me, I went back into the gallery after I had the picture in my signiture and deleted it:eek: Seems I deleted my host...LOL

Got it fixed now...You think its to long????

CompKing
09-29-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Barefoot Bob
Got it fixed now...You think its to long????

I wonder the same about mine some times but I just leave it how it is.
Glad ya figured it out finally thought I was going to have to come down there tonight and hold your hand:rolleyes: :) and have that beer ya owe me:D :cool:

Barefoot Bob
09-29-2003, 08:39 PM
Is that the lake you usually hang out on?? Looks real nice. I will have to bring the Ally up next year now that its runnig great.

CompKing
09-29-2003, 10:20 PM
Yep thats where I spend 90% of my time.It's a nice lake about 2400 acres,there are a couple others about the same size within 5 min I also like to go to.You will have to get up there next year.

Barefoot Bob
09-30-2003, 09:19 AM
I even saw an Allison in the picture. I would feel right at home:)

83checkmateeluder
10-22-2003, 05:57 PM
good information on this subject helps me alot thx, bill

JOHNNYGUN
10-28-2003, 08:22 AM
Ok guys. So I must not be copying the right thing. I got the words, but where's the picture?
I posted it in the gallery, right click, properties, copy the address, paste it in the box for the signiture?
I'm corn fused:confused:

JOHNNYGUN
10-29-2003, 07:57 AM
Got it!
Had to re-read a few steps. And unlock my fingers.
Now, just gotta make a few adjustments, .............