PDA

View Full Version : USGP at Indy!!! Roll Call!!!!

LaserModVee
09-23-2003, 01:51 PM
http://www.formula1.com/images/logo.gif

Alright, it's closing in on us!

Let's hear some predictions on

Pole position
Podium
Sleepers to look out for

See everybody Friday morning!!!!!

I can't wait!

BarryStrawn
09-23-2003, 02:43 PM
I predict that one of the Schumachers will crash Montoya out of the race ;)

LaserModVee
09-23-2003, 03:12 PM
Hahaahaaa! In turn one, on lap one? Hopefully, all three of them go in turn one, (without injuries of course).

I read that Ralf is still not 100%, but he will be on the grid for the USGP. He also says he will be supporting JPM onto finishing ahead of his brother for the championship.

Also, Michael discounted Kimi in an interview, stating that the championship is between him and JPM.

My dream podium would be...

1.) Kimi Raikkonen
2.) Fernando Alonso
3.) Cristiano da Matta

Hey, I can dream.

Let's not forget, Alonso and Rubens are tied for 5th in points, only 3 points behind Ralf.

Go KIMI abd ALONSO!!!!

sms
09-23-2003, 03:33 PM
Yeah, what a dumb move that was last year on Ralph's part! Take out your teammate in turn 1 with 72 laps to go!

Pole: Montoya
Winner: The great M. Schumacher
Second: I almost said Montoya, but Barry is right, he'll crash. That leaves Raikkonen
Third: Barrichello
Sleeper: Trulli

Most fun factor(added catagory): Villeneuve. His car always handles like crap here but he slides it around hard all day.

This will be interesting to read on monday!

BarryStrawn
09-23-2003, 03:47 PM
More Humor - Do you suppose the mechanics at BAR who switched the Button and Villeneuve cars at Monza got fired? There must have been hell to pay inside the team when the wrong one blew up!

It would be nice to see Jacques do well since he seems certain to be out the door.

LaserModVee
09-23-2003, 04:14 PM
I would think that BAR has written this season off.

Villneuve is fun to watch, he makes sitting in turn one a fun place to be. If he can't outrun them down the straight, he will go deeper into the braking zone than anyone else, bar-none.
In practice, you'll see him cook the right front and sometimes overshoot turn one more than anyone else.

I always root for Villneuve, but since he is racing for position with Ber-Nardi's, I am pulling for Kimi.

There have been rumors that Villeneuve will not race Suzuka and Takuma Sato will be replacing him. Who knows?

Where will Jacques go?

Also-Schuey has been in the States since this weekend and has been known to walk around freely, since he is not a household name or face amongst our fellow ignorant American's.
He was in New York City last year shopping and dining, where not a single person asked for his autograph or approached him.

He says he loves it over here, especially since he is a nobody in most people's eyes over here.

LaserModVee
09-23-2003, 04:27 PM
The weather may play a role in this year's GP as well...

Scattered showers and some frigid temps, (to me).
Thank God they are changing the date to June next year!

Fri
Sep 26 Partly Cloudy 70°/56° 10 %
Sat
Sep 27 Scattered Showers 65°/47° 30 %
Sun
Sep 28 Scattered Showers / Wind 64°/45° 30 %

CDave
09-23-2003, 05:13 PM
Pole- Montoya
Race winner- M. Schumacher
Sleeper- Webber

About Jacques,
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlines/news/detail/030922123329.shtml
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlines/news/detail/030923134448.shtml

stevek
09-23-2003, 05:59 PM
driven by M Schumacher

pole M Schumacher

first turn deul with Montoya

BarryStrawn
09-23-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by LaserModVee

Where will Jacques go?

Jacques may find a ride but I doubt he will ever again be in a competitive car. Same for Montoya if he wins the drivers championship. Winning for Williams has always been the end of the road.

1997 Villeneuve
1996 Hill
1993 Prost
1992 Mansell
1987 Piquet
1982 Rosberg
1980 Jones

LaserModVee
09-25-2003, 10:20 AM
I just read the possible shake-ups for 2004-

First off. Jacques outta here, Takuma Sato replacing him in Japan this year.

Jos "the boss" Verstappen out of Bernardi, into Jaguar.
Mark Webber out of Jaguar, into Williams.
JPM out of Williams and into Mercedes-McClaren.

So that leaves a seat open at Minardi for DC and JV to fight over. :D I guess Jordan is always looking too though.

3 days, 2 hours, 39 minutes till the red lights go off at Indy

sms
09-30-2003, 09:53 AM
At least I got first and second right! What a great race it was!