PDA

View Full Version : ALL I WANTED TO DO!!!

Techno
04-30-2001, 06:33 PM
Was add a permanant fuel tank.
http://www.kennyscove.com/pictures/videos/crazy/crazy15.jpg
[list=A]
Tank didn't fit.
Tank fill didn't fit.
Gauge didn't fit (layout was a mess).
[/list=A]

[LIST=1]
Moved trim pump( along with the fuel filter and fuel pump)
Fuel pump bracket had a crap bolt couldn't adjust, rubber gripper kept falling out. (wasted time fixing this).
Filter has to be replumbed because it's reversed.
Filled unused holes and installed new sleeved mounting holes(more wasted time).
[/LIST=1].
[LIST=1].
Removed the rigging and filled the holes.
Machined rigging hose holders and mounted(fit mount fit mount...)
Tried to order the SS hose braid that took all winter to find. No longer available. Stuck with ugly gray vacuum hose sticking out but with polished aluminum fittings.
Made a trim hose guide like thingy, lots of die grinding.
Re-rigged. Left extra string in case I have to add anything.
Had ordered a flip top gas fill recieved a drive shower 2nd day air.
Installed fuel fill (hope the 5" of hose will allow me to install tank. Fuel fill and tank fill are that far apart).
Bought a mess of SS bolts and such. got almost everything installed. (1 bolt length mistake, luckily canceled by another mistake)
Mount oil injecton tank( 2,1/2 fuel can so I can pump oil into my fuel tank)
[/LIST=1]
[LIST=1]
Fuel gauge is a sah-fis-tah-cated electronic jobber. Requires calibration to the tank(will read gallons in the tank or gallons needed to add to the tank, fuel consumption...)
Removed gauges (marked the totaly wierd wiring job).
Removed frozen steering wheel, fuel pressure gauge 1/2 under wheel bezel.
Filled U dash & L dash.(filled sanded filled....)
Figured layout made template. All gauges now on the upper dash.
Drilled holes, template worked.
Polished corroded gauge bezels( Don't have enough, buy more later).
Installed gauges(almost. clamps on 3 guages no longer fit and were live wiring bus bars).
Install new switch panel.( only half since it has a circuit board,fuse block and buss bars( Ask your brother for something and WOW!)).
Explored wiring under dash and discover that there was no reason to jumper to gauge clamps(lazy wiring). New switch panel to replace a number of nightmares.
Discover I have an alarm but it isn't wired in and have never heard it.
[/LIST=1]

Not mentioned was the many times I went from the cramped back of the boat to under the dash. Got stymied in one spot went to another( also got stuck and couldn't move, seat in way or legs cramped and won't straighten). Also bolted exhaust cover(lost one bolt) and heads(put them on backwards now temp sender is on the port head). And breathed a sigh of relief at how simple the switchboxes turned out to hook up( took pictures in winter turned out blurry).
http://www.kennyscove.com/pictures/videos/crazy/crazy7.jpg
All I wanted to do was add a permanant fuel tank.

A few more thing to add and modify but not till I get it on the water a few times.

:p
Hopefully my engine will work after all this.

Beware of any plans that involve the words "All","Just","Easy"

[Edited by Techno on 04-30-2001 at 06:37 PM]

TUG
04-30-2001, 07:20 PM
JNGBIJNGBIUNGFB

ODDD1
04-30-2001, 07:49 PM
ALL YA GOTTA FRIGGEN' DO......laughin my ass off! same crap in the dealership but when you are finally done its gotta look good AND you gotta get somebody to PAY for it!