PDA

View Full Version : What Works Best?

bc1weber
09-13-2003, 09:03 AM
From your experience, what wax/polish works best and is the easiest to apply? Wax On <> Wax Off!!!

Ted Stryker
09-13-2003, 07:08 PM
For starters, I'm no GURU but I've always gotten great results from Meguires and or Mother's soap's and polishes....:)

Daytona19
09-13-2003, 09:12 PM
Collinites number 845 insulator wax, is awesome!!!

pyro
09-13-2003, 10:22 PM
The easiest? I'd have to say NU-FINISH in the orange bottle. It's kind of a synthetic wax of sorts. The only drawbacks is that it's a bit dusty when you "wax-off", and it makes the surface slick as hell so you can slip and fall getting in and out of your boat!

Meguiar's marine cleaner/wax in the blue bottle is a bit more costly, but is excellent stuff.

Be sure you polish out all the fine swirl scratches with a machine and fine compound or polish before you waste time waxing. Hard work, but worthwhile.

Hooty
09-13-2003, 10:46 PM
I 've tried some stuff from West Marine called VertGlas. It's not a wax or polish but a clear liquid you apply with a squeege-like ghingoso. I've got a black hull and it gives it a wet look. Looks pretty good. I don' know how it's gonna hold up but when it starts to look bad, you just wash it with thier soap and put on some more.

c/6
Hooty

Ronny Jetmore
10-06-2003, 07:55 PM
meguirs one step cleaner and wax. very good stuff. cunsumer reports rates it at the top.

sho305
10-14-2003, 03:49 PM
I like nufinish too. I bought some turtle wax caranuba for $.99 at walley-world one day and it works nice. Good beading and seems to last. You have to get it off quick though or it sticks on.

W. Tripp
02-22-2004, 04:00 PM
A friend that shows his custom rods turned me on to Zaino Bros. products a couple of years ago. He said that all the car show guys use the Z2 wax with and without the ZXF additive and the Z6 gloss enhancer spray. I have been using this stuff ever since on all of my boats, cars, trucks, bikes, and even the custom House of Kolors paint job on my drag boat.

The wax is polymer based so it goes on easy (even in the sun), comes off easy, and doesn't evaporate like carnuba and silicone waxes - it lasts 4-6 months. It doesn't even turn flat black trim white like others do if you get it on the trim. It is amazing how long a bottle lasts. Just be carefull, this stuff is SLICK - a boat deck can be a dangerous place to try and stand after waxed with Zaino (don't ask how I know).

Try it,

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

I hope this helps,

Darrin Baxter
02-24-2004, 06:45 PM
Wayne have you used any of there other products. Other than the wax and polish.

Thanks Darrin

W. Tripp
02-25-2004, 07:05 AM
I have tried their clay bar (same as other brands), tire gloss (I like others better), plastic polish (good but others are better), and their other wax/polishes (very good).

For most, the Z2 wax, ZXF shine additive, and the Z6 spray gloss enhancer would be all I would recomend.