PDA

View Full Version : Helmet restraints

Ted Stryker
09-12-2003, 07:02 PM
Does anyone know about how much it cost to install the restraint buckles onto a helmet?

Techno
09-15-2003, 07:40 PM
security racing used to have this price on their site. Don't think it's there anymore. Seems to be very cheap, about what shipping your helmet might cost?
They can send you directions & D-rings if you have a drill, pop rivet gun and average aptitude- do it yourself job.
Give them a call for price.

Ted Stryker
09-16-2003, 05:40 PM
Since I posted that question, I've learned what a simple modification it is... I do think I'll try to find a better way than to rivet the D- rings on, don't like pop-rivets.... Thanks for the reply Techno....

Fl Boy in ILL
09-16-2003, 05:51 PM
Ted

We did our own, small hole drilled in the helmet and the Lifeline we got had the attaching bolt and nylon lock nut with it. It was pretty easy.

Rick

Balzy
09-16-2003, 07:45 PM
I called Security Race Products when I got mine from them and talked to them about bolting the D-Rings rather than the small pop rivets they sent me. They said "No, No, No" They are intended to slow your head movement to "a point" if the accident is violent enough they are intended to break loose. By that time it has restricted the movement of your head the way it was intended. You can check with them yourself, but that's what they told me.

Ted Stryker
09-18-2003, 08:51 PM
I never thought about it like that, but I guess they've seen actual before and after situations... I would have thought the fact of the way it attaches under your arms, will the movement of your outer flesh would eliminate any sudden, traumatic stops... Hmmm? When I was a kid I also wouldn't listen when someone told me that a trash bag had only a minimal benefit when jumping off a roof:).... I appreciate all of you guys (Fl.Boy in Il. ,,, Balzy, Techno )for hollerin' back;) ...

Balzy
09-18-2003, 10:47 PM
You did the garbage bag thing? I did the bed sheet thing. Two corners stuck in my tennis shoes and the other two in my hands. Of the 10' retaining wall I went. Belly and face first right into the lawn. The two corners came out of my shoes and my buddy looked at me laying on the ground and says "maybe this time you should tie it to your ankles. As I spit out the grass and dirt from my mouth I say something " F#$% You, It's your turn now" Those were the days LOL

Ted Stryker
09-27-2003, 03:29 PM
My computer has been down for a while, and I'm just now reading your reply!! It's amazing young boys make it past puberty:p I sit back and reminisce sometimes about some of the things that me and my friends used to do, and it makes me really appreciate having all my limbs and digets still function!! Reading your reply makes me realize that I wasn't the only "immortal" to walk this land!!:D In my adulthood, I don't remember what the fascination was with the roof top but the appeal was certainly there... To this day people still laugh at me for accepting the dare to ride my Huffy off the roof--- I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS- RESULTS ARE LESS THAN SATISFACTORY... Ah, to think of what used to be..... BTW, no matter how bad it hurt you, your friend still remembers who the pimp really is...:cool:

Raceman
01-10-2004, 05:35 PM
So Mike............. you jumped off a 10' wall and landed on the ground on your head?????????? That explains a lot.:D :D

Balzy
01-11-2004, 12:03 AM
the real story !!!!!!!! LOL

BK
02-10-2004, 10:19 AM
Boys aren't the only ones...

I jumped off the roof, thinking "10 feet isn't really that far down..."

I jumped gracefully and landed on my feet, just as planned.

But then the rest of my body caught up and I impacted my chin into my knee cap!

OUCH!

I'm real lucky I didn't powerderize all my teeth when my jaw slammed shut. :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Hooty
02-23-2004, 10:25 PM
I just got my Lifeline helmet restraints and on thiers, the snaps break away, not the fasteners.

c/6
Hooty

stokernick
02-25-2004, 11:49 AM
you used a sheet?I used an umbrella!!:rolleyes: :eek:

aircraftman
03-06-2004, 08:08 AM
a bedsheet, 2 guys, (no homo jokes) 2 skateboards, long road, and a 50 mph wind was cool!! did that.
never jumped off a 10" wall with a bedsheet though.
You tucked the thing into your shoes!!!!LOLOLOL waaahhhhh!!

it explains everything.

now i want to know the story behind thumper, stevo, and hazmatt. that should be good!

Techno
03-06-2004, 10:08 AM
Roller skates, hot dog and stick. Rope on the dog.
Ever see how fast a dog can run?
Fell, dog ate the hot dog & ran off. I waddled back with no knees.

CDave
03-06-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Techno
Roller skates, hot dog and stick. Rope on the dog.
Ever see how fast a dog can run?
Fell, dog ate the hot dog & ran off. I waddled back with no knees.
:D I bet that was a funny site.

I skateborded down a hill in at my grandpa's house with my dad in his car right behind me. That was smart :rolleyes: but I did reach 40mph. :D
I wonder if pop was hopeing I'd fall off. :eek: ;)

Dicky
06-01-2004, 08:38 PM
The stories you guys tell, remind me of the famous last three words of a redneck,------"HEY, WATCH THIS!!"

SleeveA
06-01-2004, 10:56 PM
Up here it's "Hey, hold my beer, watch this!!"

Me, yep off roof into trash bags yelling HOOOOPER, Hey Doc.:D Huffy off cliff yelling Oh ****, Hey Doc. :D snow times; timeing it just right to catch the car at the bottom of the hill on a sled,,, off ya go till man hole,,, hey Doc.:D Sking behind car..... hey Doc.:D

Tooooooo fun!!!!!!