PDA

View Full Version : Phantom 25 & Promax 300

Toffen
04-15-2001, 03:48 PM
Hi!

I own a Phantom 25 feet offshore rig with Promax 300 1999 model mounted on a CMC powerlift with 5,5 inches of setback. Boat is only 5,5 feet wide and weight is approx. 2.250 with engine. The hull is a classic V24 degree with no notched transon and pad. Playing with more setback. Will add 6,5 inches more - to a total of 12 inches.

Best speed is 76 mph at 6.050 rpm with a blueprinted Chopper II 26 inch prop. Have bought a DR 4 blade Spinelli, and hope this and more setback will give me 78-80 mph...

Only two more weeks with cold weather - 6 foot seas here we come!

Cheers, Toffen - Norway

Gerben
04-16-2001, 03:43 PM
Hi Toffen,

I memory serves me right (which is unusual for me), you first ran the phantom with no lift/setback at all. How much of an increase did the extra setback bring?

Greetings,
Gerben

Toffen
04-16-2001, 04:51 PM
Hi!

In 1999 I had a 225 Evinrude Ficht. At the start I did not have a lift and the speed was 52-53 knots. When we added a CMC lift with 5,5 inches, the speed ended on 56-57 knots. So added setback and higher propshaft helped. I hope 6,5 more will help as well with my Promax 300 on the transom.

Cheers, Toffen G

Yamaha 225
04-18-2001, 08:17 AM
Hi Toffen!

Have you found more folks to out trip to Lillesand yet??
I wonder when your Quartfestival is to be held? Maybe we shold find another day than "sankthansaften"?

I think you should run your boat up to Arendal 25-27 May (I think)to watch Espens son run his Winrace, test my Mach prop and get to know Espen and I!!! Good idea? -Yesss.

I was out at Risör on Thursday, Friday and Saturday!!!

Alot of wind so I had a great time... I didn't any new topspeed-tests, but it was lovely to gt some water under the keel again!

I must get a spare to my steering in a hurry. I lowered the engine without tilting it down first... Not smart! But then I have plenty of time to restore the boat to its acceptable condition..

Let me hear from you!

Erik.

p.s. did you get my 1st. of April fool?

Toffen
04-19-2001, 01:12 PM
Hi!

Yes, I will love to come over to Arendal. Just now getting rid of some snow around my house...

Plan to get the boat out primo may with new setback bracket, upolstry, rebalanced (again), cleaned and waxed.

Look forward to the great mach 4 blade test!

Quart is from 3.7 - 7.7 - check http://www.quart.no - with Beck, Coldplay, The Dandy Warhols, PJ Harvey, Motorhead, Queens Of Stoneage, etc. More than 100 acts in all.

Cheers and talk soon, Toffen G

Gerben
04-19-2001, 04:54 PM
Hi Toffen,

"Your" festival has quite a lineup. What is the admission fee, is there camping facilities etc. (Is there an english version of the site)

We might just come over..

Greetings,
Gerben

espen
04-22-2001, 10:05 PM
Hi Toffen .
Beck...........my heart started pumping...not that Beck I know...Jeff Beck ,guess I am to old....
Impressing line up.
Any one who wants to come to quart from this list I would
love to be your guide and give you a hot ride with
consert and beautiful scerries .
I have taken care of Americans from Detroit aria that was used to Michigan lake and they was stunned.
Or ship your rig over in a container and try some north sea
waters .
Alcone motorsport did it with succsess a few years ago in a offshore 1 race in Arendal.

Markus
05-14-2001, 04:39 AM
I may consider going up from Sweden.

Are all you guys in the south of Norway?

Toffen
05-15-2001, 02:30 PM
Hi!

Check out http://www.quart.no for line up. Mail hanseirik@quart.no regarding ticketsales from abroad.

I will have my boat running - you are hereby invited!

Cheers, Toffen G

Markus
05-17-2001, 09:35 AM
I'll look into it!