PDA

View Full Version : THE ULTIMATE PWC REPELENT!

Instigator
04-30-2001, 07:07 AM
This one came from the cabin cruiser pilot this weekend and you have to promise to only use it only when it's your last line of defense. Take a scrap of 3/8" or 1/2" rope several feet long and tie it to a length of 1/8" line (or smaller)and cut this pc. to what ever length you want your repelent to be effective for. When the PWC gets closer than that, the pump inhales the large dia. rope, snaps it off the small pc, he stops, you keep going!! I Know, its mean as hell, but???? Last time I ran the Stream I stopped in the middle of the lake and we were passed by three PWC's close enough to spray us in the boat and put their wake over the transom! WISH I HAD MY BAIT OUT!!! Instigator

04-30-2001, 09:30 AM
I WILL try that. My dad has suggested torpedoes of some type mounted on his MasterCraft, and I try to hit jet skis with my potato gun in front of my house; but you have an idea that actually works! I'll give it a shot and post an updates if shoot down any bogeys this summer

Instigator
04-30-2001, 10:41 AM
My idea will definately work well (I like the adjustable length part), but a POTATO GUN????? I can't stop laughing!!
My way is too much like fishing, which I refuse to do or allow anyone to do on my boats! A potato gun though???
How about a water baloon slingshot with a potato in it??
Is your place set where we could sit in lawn chairs with a cooler of beer, and a box of potatoes by the water?? Instigator (still laughing)

Michael Martin
04-30-2001, 09:42 PM
Sound like much fun!!!

Mike

Sleekster
05-01-2001, 09:18 PM
I have a friend with a medieval catapult we could use too. Take a look at [www.onager.net], we use punkin's -- 8 pounders. Potato gun is a little more agile.

Techno
05-01-2001, 09:53 PM
How about a super rich mix of oil. That tends to make everyone go away.