PDA

View Full Version : Us Grand Prix Sept 28

sms
08-12-2003, 02:55 PM
The mailman was good to me yesterday! He brought me two tickets in the turn one braking zone. Anyone else going?

sms
08-12-2003, 02:56 PM
Right here.

LaserModVee
08-13-2003, 04:47 PM
Our flight lands in Indy on Thursday night.

We've had the same seats since they came back....which are just to the left of you! We're in section J, right where it butts up to section H.

Don't know if you already heard, but if you get there early enough on Thursday, you can go into the pits.
It's free if you have a raceday ticket.
From 8:00 AM to Noon they are having a spectator walkabout, which as you know, is VERY RARE in F1.

I won't be there early enough, so take pictures for me ;).

Gimme a shout on Friday. I'll have my cell phone with me, 614-309-6094.

Where are you staying?

stevek
08-13-2003, 06:35 PM
My ticket was in the mailbox when I got back from the Rumble :)

LaserModVee
08-14-2003, 06:46 AM
Where you sittin' Steve?

I can't wait for this year's race. Should be much better this year since Schumi hasn't already locked the championship up.

I'd like to see Kimi pick back up where he left off at the beginning of the season. I won't hold my breath on that one, JPM looks to be the only threat left to Shumi now.

Has anyone else heard the rumors going around about JPM's future? I heard that he was going to McLaren in 2005?
Probably typical F1 rumors.....

sms
08-14-2003, 07:51 AM
I'll be staying at home, about 60 miles south of the track and driving back and forth each day. I got your number, thanks! Here is a little shot for ya....

stevek
08-14-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by LaserModVee
Where you sittin' Steve?

I am back in the SE Vista Deck. Thats around the regular 2nd turn and short shoot area.

I am hoping to to see much of the infield course and the cars coming back on to the main track onto the short shoot and around to the front straight.

This is my first trip to the track and I am looking forwarding to seeing my first F1 race :)

LaserModVee
08-21-2003, 03:05 PM
Steve,
The sound of those V10's screaming RPM's to the moon will etch a spot in your brain that will force you to come back next year!

I recommend getting there to watch qualifying/practice so you can roam around the track. It's a spectacle by itself. Add a quarter of a million people from across the globe, and you have yourself something memories are made of.

My wife and I look more forward to this event than any other race/meet/show/vacation or whatever each year.

Oh, by the way... I haven't lost all faith in the USPS. My tickets managed to find me after living 1200 miles away for 6 months now. Sure, they were delivered to my old address in Ohio, but they did end up here TODAY!!!!

SEE YOU GUYS IN APPX ONE MONTH!!!!!

CDave
08-21-2003, 03:41 PM
Y'all hear that they might go to 2.4L V8's next year?

Capt.Insane-o
08-31-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by CDave
Y'all hear that they might go to 2.4L V8's next year?

F*&^ that! How bout some 2.5 v-6's!!:D :eek: