PDA

View Full Version : Bradz,what type of waterpickups did you use on the ,Motion?

espen
04-29-2001, 05:06 PM
Dear Bradz...
I dont dare to lift my engines before I have the water pickup thing solved, there is a notch on the transom of the 25 Motion ,probably the same on yours.I think trou hull is difficoult...would I use one hose on each side of the CLE and fill the front intakes or make a hole in the part just under the powerhead ,and use a check valve,I think I remeber you had one of those.
Do you have a picture of it?
Hope I am not asking to much....
2 try....from mr cornfused with cone shaped hat,Espen.
Isnt this new board just great!!!

Brad Zastrow
04-29-2001, 10:41 PM
Baker's rigged the boat, however the pickups are mounted at the notch before the transom. Jeff Baker used the drains as the inlet for the pickup tube. He installed new drains farther out. Rex Marine possibly is the supplier. I really can not remember where they got them from. The pickups then go to check valves and then to the midsection of the "Offshore Motors". The Offshores have a built-in plug for this. At slow speeds under 70 mph the lower units are the source of water pressure, after that the pickups will flow more as the pressure will go up. The trick is not to have them too deep in the water as they will cause drag. We have even shaped the hull bottom to help direct water flow towards the pickups. If you have problems finding them contact Baker Marine.

skatermike24
04-30-2001, 06:41 AM
Sorry for interrupting but I just got done installing transom pickups on my 24 skater, Bobs machine makes a transom p.u. for 50.00 bucks , can't beat that, installs right next to your drain plug hole, run your plumbing to the motor, and guess what never have to worry about water pressure again, best 50.00 I ever spent on the boat. Good luck, Mike

Sam Baker
04-30-2001, 09:23 AM
We actually got the pickups from Stainless Marine (http://www.stainlessmarine.com). My brother Jeff had to fabricate them a little bit so they would fit, but that's typical as they're not necessarily a "one-size-fits-all" application. Then when you actually get to run the boat, you generally have to tweak them a little, but they seem to work very well now.

Sam Baker

espen
04-30-2001, 05:07 PM
Thanks a lot for the suggestions ,I did have a look at the waterpickups at stainless marine yesterday and the super sea strainer,but its so expensive ....http://stainlessmarine.com/intakes.html
Witch one did you use ,the one with tubing directly inside
the boat or with fitting and hose on ?
Where did you mount the waterpickup ? just in front of the lover unit or in front of propeller blades?
It would be nice to have a cooling water reservoir to keep the engine without air in cooling system when jumping .
Maybe the super sea strainer could do the job? Thinking of fabricating something simular.....
Thanks