PDA

View Full Version : Oil in Water

TempSquirt
07-26-2003, 11:19 AM
Well I was going to take the Squirt out today,so got her all cleaned up and was washing the truck when I decided to fill my block off the hose. Hooked her up let the water trickle in at about 1/4 speed things are going good no leaks so go back to washing truck. Look over a couple minutes later and "water" coming out discharge looks preety mush like oil! Shut off hose and start crying(jk) clean up my mess and decide weather to fill bilge with ave gas and throw a match at it or pull motor. Discarded Ave Gas option but am not thrilled about pulling the motor. Thought Id check with you gear heads and see if any one had any ideas. First some background:
Before Winter:
1: Pulled block plugs and used air compressor to blow out block.
(all freeze plugs look good)
2: Pulled all water lines going into block blew those out and
left off.
3: Pulled plug in oil cooler and blew it out.
4: All plugs left out over winter.
5: Motor oil checked prior to starting first time good
level now can't find any on dip stick.
Question think oil cooler could have cracked and alowed water to route through filter and into oil,pushing it into water passages or am I just being hopeful and more likely to have a cracked block?
We live in NE Cal and our winters do get very cold but did not have a prolonged freeze this winter. Ok give me your input guys and gals Im gonna finish washing the truck and hide the Ave Gas just to be safe. Thanks in addvance Rick

at100plus
07-26-2003, 12:26 PM
What is a Squirt? (excuse my east coast ignorance)

Jet23
08-21-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by at100plus
What is a Squirt? (excuse my east coast ignorance)

I beleive he is just refering to his jet boat :D

waterslinger
09-22-2003, 08:47 PM
I bet the oil cooler bad. Can you take it off the boat and run water in it from the water hose?