PDA

View Full Version : Boat top for hydrostream voyager

flyboy
07-18-2003, 05:56 PM
Has anyone had any luck with the generic boat covers. I am thinking of buying one but I worry that they won't fit properly and shed the water right. The back end on these boats is a little different and I wonder if a generic cover will fit right. A generic one is less than half the money of a custom cover.

pyro
07-18-2003, 08:17 PM
hell no, it would be awful. go to a local marina with a canvas shop and get it done right. I ordered one thru Jim at Hydrostream, a shop near their factory called "Bimini Usle" makes their covers. It would fit the boat just fine if it didn't have a motor on it!! :mad: There's no slack in the cover for the steering cables, There's no reinforcing vinyl under the windshield area like my old cover had, so it wore through the corners during its first winter storage! :mad: My old cover had a grommet in the middle for a support pole, this one did not, and if I try to wedge a pole in the middle, it droops down in the corners near the back seat where water can collect and weep through! :mad: I had to buy one of those support poles from Overton's with the 4 straps and ****. What a pain in the ass. It takes 15 minuted to cover it back up after I use it.

Like I said, pay good money if you have to, and go somewhere and get a cover custom made with the best sun-proof water-proof fabric, with vinyl patches sewn in underneath where the windshield, cleats, ski pole mounts, etc. rub against it, and a sewn-in motor cover that accomodates your setback and jacking height. I wish I had done that...

at100plus
07-19-2003, 10:49 PM
I bought a cover for my Hydrostream HST and for my Valero from a company called Shoremaster. They were custom sunbrella type material and they fit pretty well for only about $200.

Shoremaster:

218-739-6012

JERRYWEIS
08-08-2005, 11:52 AM
I got a C model boat cover at walmart that fits fine on my 1989 Voyager with 6 inch bracket for stationary covering , plus they only cost 50 bucks.

Jerry