here are 3 of my cars in the shop are- gt40- brabham bt2-spitfire

mardyn
07-09-2003, 12:28 PM
Where's the GT40?

mardyn

davidroland
07-09-2003, 03:17 PM
hi mardyn
sorry for the confusion--tryed to edit to correct the text but it wouldnt change the post --3times i tryed i did!!!
3times i failed i did---still cant figure out how to put a picture with my name..
the post should read something like this
here is 3 of my cars
the others are in the shop being restored/assembled/constructed
they are
gt40mk2(1966/85)will be painted as bruce mclaren/chris amon#2 le mans winner for my wife to drive
brabham bt2 fjr(1962)
spitfire(1962)
lotus elan se
mac ri kart(1959/60?)
in pictures the red car is a?
the yellow car is not fair because i designed and built it
the blue car is a?
correct answers get a smile(if i can figure out how to do it)

mardyn
07-09-2003, 05:03 PM
I'm a big time GT40 fan... considering an RF or CAV for my next project. Tell me more about the one you're doing... got any pix? MKII... very cool, a guy I vist with on another site owns J6, it is awesome...

mardyn

btw... I've also been having difficulties psoting pix and editing posts over the past coupla' dayz... could be something with the site...

mr.clean
07-09-2003, 06:09 PM
;) go to superformance.com the best gt-40 and cobra replicars:D

davidroland
07-09-2003, 06:30 PM
the gt40 is a kit by what i think used to be naf--calls it something else now---talked to the man who makes them---it is made out of the original holman moody molds and with very few changes to body fits right on the fiero chassie--andlooks like a gt40 i have studied pics and models and the only minor notice able diff is windshield shape and only noticable from above--door out line is changed to fit fiero.not much else. she(my wife) found it in the local paper with the fiero v6 4spd (with only60000 mile on it)for 1800 bucks--just the kit is 6995.00--how can i go wrong!!!!! shes wanted one for awhile. the body had a tree fall on it but not a problem as i have made several fiberglass race car bodies for my self and customers and done some boat work(check out my post in fiberglass section)all light weight(and strong) hand layed. cant even find repair myself now.the weight of the entire body is 146 pounds(the lightest race body ive made(yellow car was 35 lbs)
what i like about the fiero deal for the street is that it has a/c-crusie cont-heater-eletric windows--good sterio--gm parts try all that with a real one(sorry ford guys i like gm on the street-just works better)(all my race cars are ford powerd and cosworth)the kit is prety good and the workmanship is better than most i have seen---the mounts and instructions leave a little to be desired---i did it my own way and it looks like it is going to be better--was whole lot easier and ridged-er--i do have my own fabrication equiptment though and the kit was designed to be done with a drill and a few hand tools.
what do you think of the new(2003?)ford usa car--have you seen it?will post pics as soon as its a roller--my camera has no flash and dont do good inside. is j6 a mk2 or 4?stay in touch!!!!!

mardyn
07-10-2003, 09:58 AM
J6 is a MKIV... it is very cool... I'll see if I can post a link to some pix...
please stand by...

mardyn

davidroland
07-10-2003, 11:34 AM
my ultimate street car dream would be lola t70 mk3 or so(sunoco le mans) or mclaren m6gt--if i could afford the kit that is built in the orignal jigs&molds. with a big block or big small block and a ecu operated fi system(900 or more hp?)yeha!!!!!!!
standing by

davidroland
07-10-2003, 11:35 AM
i mean yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CDave
07-10-2003, 01:04 PM
What the hell is someone in Louisiana doing with all those sports cars/road racers. :D

Now here is my afFORDable dream car. Maybe one day?
http://www.factoryfive.com/table/ffrkits/coupeconv/spyder.html
Cool video
http://www.factoryfive.com/images/SyderGTV8.wmv

mardyn
07-10-2003, 01:14 PM
The pics were over on Ferarri Chat but the link is no longer valid.... I sent the guy who owns J6 an e-mail... we'll have some pix soon...

believe me... if you're a Ford guy (as I am)... this thing (MK4J6) is
bad to the bone... put the smack dab on a new Ferrari Enzo with no problem the other day... how cool is that? An old '67 Ford against a new 1M high tech Italian marvel...and the Ford kicks butt...

mardyn

CDave
07-10-2003, 01:22 PM
I can't wait until the new GT hits the streets. That is gonna be one cool sight seeing Ford GT's runnin' at LeMans!

BTW, my guess on the cars is a Formula Ford, S2000 and an older BMW or Alfa?

davidroland
07-11-2003, 09:57 AM
hi cdave
what other kind of cars would i have--road racing is the only real racing aint it---also grew up around it as my dad raced healeys-merlyns &brabhams and i got to watch the greats--bruce&denny jim &hap ect.
the red car is ex fred opert team car--the only alexis fb car .later it swdiv nat champ in fc driven by anatoly artonov(hallet builder/owner) it does use the same frame as the ff thiner tubes and 300lbs lighter than ff.
the yellow car is a s-2000 that i have driven to 5or6 championships
the blue car does drive like an alfa but wrong country-- ill post more pics later and let everv one have another guess
we have a new track in la at donaldsonville 1.8 mile 14 turn.next race is sept 27--supposed to have a pro fm race that weekend.
come see us and ill give you your smiles in person.
my daughter is in collage in lake chas
used to be lot of scca members in lake chas
remember chanault?(i flew in the model airplane nats here as well)
whats your name?
ps- ferarri is junk-if you drive it it will need fixing!!

CDave
07-11-2003, 01:53 PM
Hey David my name is David Charles. I never was directly involved in the SCCA other than spectator and helping a couple of friends when they went AutoXing. One had a Camaro the other a Spitfire. Man I miss driving that Spit.
I did make it to the Runoffs in 81 at Road Atlanta and the NOGP. Even got to talk to the team manager of the Jag GTP team.

They still have AutoX at the Burton Colsieum here in LC.

Is the track you are talking about No Problem Raceway?
I'd love to get into kart racing but working 7/7 makes it hard to race. Seems that most races, be it boats or karts, happen when I'm offshore.
I did get a chance to do some laps at an indoor track Charlotte, NC a couple of years back. That was a blast. 1/4mile track, 13 turns and I was averaging 35mph lap speeds with my 200lb butt. The karts were powered by 4stroke Hondas. Not sure what kind of frame but it was a racing type frame not the local Kart Ranch kinda frames.
Many years ago my friend that AutoXed the Camaro found an old Yamaha kart with no engine and we put a YZ125 engine in it and use to take it out on weekends and wear down some tires. It would go around 90mph. That thing was a blast!!!

The only car I've ever owned that was close to handeling was a 89 Stang GT. It handeled OK after I added strut tower brace/Kmember brace/Subframe connector and installing better control arms/bushing/springs/shocks/etc....

As far as racing, I love all kinds. I do wish F1 would figure out how to make the racing better. I have a bad feeling that technoligy has gotten so far advanced and money grows on trees for the top few that F1 will not change much.

davidroland
07-11-2003, 03:17 PM
thats weirdmy name is david my brother is charles!!!!!!!!!
yes noproblems is the track
i have an old mac r1 kart with mac91 i goes like bezerk!!!!!!
92lbs--25-30hp
yea f1 kina sucks nowadays--i wish i had a fraction of their budget--im a poor man and build all my own stuff and do all my machine workand design and fabrication in the shop at home.(beat them with brains not dollars!!!!!!!)
i watched them at the dallas f1 race years ago--incredible-you would have to see it to belive it--1500hp renalt engines-900lb cars(if memory is correct)top fuel accelaration and go around corners--one of my dreams was to drive f1(yea right)but not after watching in person--human bodies should not go that fast-just aint right.
my youngest races karts on the small road course in laffayette
hes prety good--1st year 2ndstate champs 2nd year 1st in state champs---all with the wrong kinda kart and engines i built--hes a hellof a driver as i can hardly get the thing around the track!!!!!
he runs off and leaves every body!!!!!!cant wait to get him into a formula car.
i was going to ride the crash truck at the new orleans gp as i had a natanal license and that was what they required for directions&comunications with the drivers but the promoter was an ass and i told him to stuff it.
hopefuly we will have scca approval at no prob next year so i can go bact after another national championsihp---tws-abiline- road atlanta- corpus all just got to be tomuch traveling.if we could run no prob a couple a times a year then a few at the others then it wouldnt be so bad.
will get mor pics of blue car soon itll bloe your mind what it is expesily after you see better pics of it.
let me know if you can make a race i should have room on the crew to get you in.mycrew dosnt have alot to do as i have developed the car to bullet proof(knock on wooden head)over 100 starts and have finished every one!!!dont know of any one else that can say that!!
races are won in the shop is my theory
dont break the car and you wont hurt your self is another
if it wont stop faster than it will start dont drive it
stay in touch i think you can email me through this site--almost done on here--time to move on to next subject(boat racers arnt very technology oriented are they?)
ps the modern shifter karts run 125 yamhas and stuff and do standing starts --almost as impressive(and fast )as cart!!!!!

CDave
07-11-2003, 03:36 PM
Just let me know when the races are and I'd be glad to go.

As far a boating goes you are in one of the hot beds of fast outboard boats. I've made a couple of trips over to the Blind River/Tickfaw River area and can tell you there are some crazy fast people over there. Maybe that should be crazy and fast. :D
I hope to get back over there as soon as I get my engine fixed.
I need someone to teach me how to drive this Allison fast. :D

Go check out www.byuboyz.com some time.

mardyn
07-11-2003, 10:01 PM
Well, I can't produce the pix of J6 as promised... maybe later, but for now, check this little jewel out...

very cool stuff from a collectors Ford Archives...

mardyn
07-11-2003, 10:06 PM
Check these documents too...

Give these a chance to down load... very cool stuff from the original MK 2 program.

David Berry

mardyn
07-11-2003, 10:10 PM
Well, there's more to it, but I can't get it to work correctly...

maybe next time.

later!
David Berry

mardyn
07-11-2003, 10:13 PM
still more

CDave
07-12-2003, 07:16 AM
That's some cool stuff there mardyn!!!:cool:

rev.ronnie
09-27-2003, 02:06 AM
The blue car looks like a Opel Kadet ??or am I crazy:confused: