PDA

View Full Version : Barney

Hunter
08-23-2001, 09:10 AM
I don't know if any of the pictures I sent you made it through. I did step into the modern age and get a Fuji 1300 camera to go with the Gateway 5300CX notepad I'm taking with me to Korea. The Fuji takes much better pictures than I can snap off my 8mm. Some folks have been looking to add pictures to their signature block but lacked a website to source. Someone using the jet boat site linked http://www.hotboatsforsale.com/ to look at their boat picture. I contacted them and they posted my picture the same day.

Of course there's no success story until I hit "submit new thread" and see if my signature block update works.

This weekend's the last time I'll get out for a year. Sadly, Koreans don't boat much.

(EDITED) The photo's stupid big at 660; I've got a 63 that I'll be attaching soon.

[Edited by Hunter on 08-24-2001 at 06:28 PM]

Papallison
08-23-2001, 10:55 AM
Now, don't they use those DRAGon boats????? You might could modify some of those....

Hunter
08-23-2001, 11:59 AM
Yes, I saw these races when I was living at Okinawa, Japan. It looks like a bunch of guys who didn't check the bolts on the setback plate and were paddling back to the marina furiously so as to limit exposure and save face.

One of the most interesting boats I've ever seen was in the War Memorial just outside the US Army garrison in Seoul. It's a huge facility with lots of military hardware on display. Outside, they have a boat about 20' that had a canopy (built long before it became fashionable in off-shores so it struck me as odd) but didn't look much different from something Don Aronow would have built. The placard indicated it was confiscated from North Korean infiltrators. It was designed to run on the surface and then SUBMERGE, run in the teens below the surface, do whatever they'd do, then depart after using bilge-pumps-from-hell to get above the waterline. The operators wore scuba gear. Being curious, I opened the engine hatches and found two OMC sterndrive packages (I'm sure they'd be proud). The engines had their own snorkle system but apparently were sealed to run submerged.

Barney
08-23-2001, 11:10 PM
I have started some albums on Excite. You have to download thier software, but it's cool, good sceensaver stuff with your own pictures, Webshots. You also download thier Administrator, then you make you own albums available to everyone on the web, takes about thirty minutes to have them available.

Then you can use the home page link on your profile and show yo stuff, your boat is bad-ass by the way. Colors might be a little warm here, but beautiful! Yahoo provides the same service but will not let pull stuff easily.

Let me know if ya have trouble, but it's pretty simple.

Any simple photo editing software will resize your pictures, resend that batch of pics and I'll set it up for you if you have trouble.

Hunter
08-24-2001, 04:03 PM
By the way, your pictures more interesting than mine and probably faster.