PDA

View Full Version : SORRY FOR THE DELAY IN INFO FOR THE "RUMBLE ON THE RIVER"!!

Instigator
04-28-2001, 10:38 AM
Lots of the things going on here on a personal level (agreed as a favor to rebuild a buddies XP 200 JohnRude, 2 wks later blew a motor on the Sonic, removing/selling black motor from Vector, scavaging for parts and pcs for all of above)to slow me down, not to mention that White Oak Marina was'nt even open while I was trying to get info from them but I finally got everything last week. Still trying to decide best method of getting this info/pictures to you guys. Anyhow for those of you that don't know/did'nt see previously-- August 10-12 we (??) are having a get together at a facility called White Oak Marina (937-375-5444)on a stretch of the Ohio River about 30 miles east of Cincinatti. Not planning to schedule anything too fancy just miles of table top smooth water, perfect camping, ramp, restaurant, pub, beach all at the same site! Lots of local site seeing, activities, locks to explore, history etc. Site is set down in the hills to protect from wind to assure smooth water every morning. The beach is located right in the middle of 5 or 6 miles of straight (about a mile wide) water. Perfect photo/radar gun/observation area!
Have confirmations from the "CRAZY CANOOK (anyone know correct spelling??) FROM THE NORTH" (Jeff and his merc killer Yammi), Lloydster from Fla. with his Monty V-8 Action Marine set to kill, L.T. with the mighty Lavey Craft, Sleekster (peer pressure!!)from the east coast if his pistons ever show,Fast Eddie is making some noise about some local black motors showing up to defend their turf, and some other top seceret un merc powered rigs! Should be fun for anyone that has a boat that runs "good" on smooth water and anyone that enjoys boating activity. Plenty of activity for the whole family and places to stay for the non-campers in the crowd. So mark your calenders and make plans to be there to support your motor brand of choice. For now anyone wantiing more info feel free to call me or e-mail. Thanx guys, hope to see you all there! Gary (Instigator) 614-777-5885 or gwilli3@columbus.rr.com

LaveyT
04-28-2001, 03:12 PM
Coooooool Man,maybe now Fast Eddie will Quit buggin me bout the trip!(just kiddin Ed,Be there)Dont forget Mike Hurley with his STV/260/Nitrous combo.Talked to Chris H. today at Brookville,He said he is ready to Partaaay and needs test Dummies for his Allison/260 combo.(he uses them to soften the blow if he hooks!)What a Guy!!!!!!Be there or be Square!Yeeehaaaa!

Sleekster
04-29-2001, 07:16 AM
Now don't go messin' w/ me. I have the ego strength of ten men. I can leap tall obstacles with a single bound. I am my own person. Now as for coming to the Rumble, I'll do........ whatever you guys are doing! If you think I should.

KaptainKirk
04-29-2001, 08:20 AM
I am gonna try my BEST TO BE THERE !!!