PDA

View Full Version : This is a beautiful thing!!

ShorePounder
06-18-2003, 10:07 PM
Here's one of my favorite pictures.

Yeah baby, It's 1968 and there's a lot full of SS Hemi Darts and Barracudas waiting for transport.

mr.clean
06-18-2003, 10:22 PM
great pic:cool:

action17
06-19-2003, 06:25 AM
nice Dad would be proud!!!!:D

ShorePounder
06-19-2003, 12:47 PM
But wait, There's more!!!!

ShorePounder
06-19-2003, 12:49 PM
Notice that these were not special order cars. The destination is Sales Bank. They were headed for the showrooms/lots of selected dealerships. How's that for a factory race car?

I got your COPO right here pal. :D :D

heath brinkley
06-19-2003, 01:45 PM
Looks like the last chance qualifiers line at the drag strip on Saturday night.:D :D :D :D

Just kiddin'

cool picture... I like the black primer front ends.:cool:
what I'd give for one of those...unmolested.

WATERWINGS
06-19-2003, 02:09 PM
Were they all primed only, and to be painted by the dealer/customer?

And why two colors?

ShorePounder
06-19-2003, 02:37 PM
Yes, they arrived as you see them.

The front fenders, hood and bumper were fiberglass, and installed at Hurst performance, not on the Chrysler assembly line.

There wasn't much to these cars. No heater, no radio, no window cranks or regulator for that matter. The window was held up by a strap made of seat belt material attached to the bottom of the window glass. Pull the strap and attach it to the snap at the bottom of the door panel and the window is up. There was no insulation or sound deadener. Even the sheetmetal had been acid-dipped to make it lighter than normal.

They were built specifically to compete in NHRA Super Stock competition. Unlike the COPO or other factory hot rods, these weren't for use on the street. You couldn't register these with the DMV. To Chevy guys, this would be like picking up one of "Grumpy's Toys" at the local Chevy dealer.

Little bit o' Trivia for you. Legendary tuner/driver Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins was tweaking Hemi's in the glory days of AF/X, long before his famous 331ci mouse motors.

heath brinkley
06-19-2003, 03:08 PM
It took him a whil to figure out where the speed was at.
He finally got it figured out tho'.:D :D :D :D

Sorry, that was just an open door I couldn't walk by.;)

More trivia, Smokey Yunich tried makin' Ford's go fast before he saw the light.

Fords...Fast...:rolleyes: Hmmmm, those two words just don't go together.:D

mardyn
06-19-2003, 03:44 PM
Saw a Hemi Dart on HRM's Power Tour earlier this month... man, there wasn't much room left over in the engine bay.... think they had to move the master cylinder over a bit to clear the left valve cover. Don't know if it was an original car as pictured above, but it looked very similar to those shown.

mardyn

ShorePounder
06-19-2003, 06:04 PM
February 20, 1968

To: All Plymouth Dealers

Subject: 1968 Hemi Barracuda Super Stock

The Chrysler-Plymouth Division offers for the 1968 models a 426 Hemi-Powered Barracuda Fastback for use in supervised acceleration trials. These cars will weigh approximately 3,000 pounds and have been designed to meet the 1968 specifications of the major sanctioning drag strip organizations.

The Hemi-Powered Barracudas will be available through production in limited quantities in March. To order this vehicle, use the Barracuda Order Form and specify Body Code BO29 and Transmission Code, either 4 Speed Manual, Code 393, or Automatic, Code 395. No other specifications are necessary.

Description of Components

* 426 cu. In. 8-cylinder engine with dual 4-barrel carburetors-12.5 to 1 compression ratio.
* Cross Ram Intake manifold.
* 1 11/16" x 1 11/16" Holley carburetors.
* Competition Hooker headers, exhaust pipes, and mufflers.
* High capacity oil pump.
* Roller timing chain (reduced timing chain stretch for more consistent engine performance).
* Mechanical valve gear.
* Dual breaker distributor.
* Transistor ignition.
* Metal core type ignition wires.
* Unsilenced air cleaners.
* Deep groove fan drive pulleys.
* Heavy duty radiator.
* Aluminum seven-blade fan equipped with Viscous drive.
* Special offset 15" rear wheels.
* Chrysler-built 8 3/4" large stem pinion gear set, and heavy-duty axle shafts with automatic transmission (4.86 axle ratio).
* Dana-built 9 3/4" heavy-duty axle with manual transmission (4.88 axle ratio).
* Sure-Grip differential.
* 135 Amp. Hr. battery (located in rear compartment).
* Heavy-duty high control rear suspension.
* Front disc brakes 41/2" Bolt Circle.
* Fiberglass front fenders.
* Fiberglass hood with scoop.
* Light weight steel doors.
* Light weight front bumper.
* Light weight side window glass.
* High capacity fuel lines.
* Business coupe interior (2 bucket seats - no rear seat).

For Manual Transmission Only

* Special heavy-duty 10 1/2" clutch and flywheel.
* Safety steel clutch housing.
* Competition "Slick Shift" 4-speed transmission.
* Hurst remote mounted floor-shift unit with reverse lockout.

For Automatic Transmission Only

* High stall speed torque converter (large drive lugs and 7/16" diameter attaching screws).
* Heavy-duty manual shift TorqueFlite transmission.
* Hurst floor-mounted shift unit.

Please Note:

The following items are deleted on this body type:

Heater, Body Sealer and Sound Deadeners, Silence Pads, Outside Mirrors, Right Side Seat Belt and Body Color Paint.

NO OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT OF ANY KIND CAN BE ORDERED

The policy of Chrysler Corporation is one of continual improvement in design and manufacture, wherever possible, to insure a still finer car. Hence, specifications, equipment and prices are subject to change without notice.

These vehicles are intended to use in supervised acceleration trials and other competitive events, therefore, they will be sold without warrant. Special stickers will be provided for plant installation (attached to left "A" post) which will read as follows: "This vehicle was not manufactured for use on public streets, roads or highways and does not conform to Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.

All customer orders must be accompanied by a signed disclaimer (sample attached) indicating that the purchaser understands that this vehicle is sold without warranty and does not conform to Federal Vehicle Safety Standards.

Any prospective customer who desires to purchase one of these maximum performance vehicles should be made aware of the following characteristics which make them unsuitable for general use.

A high idle speed is required to insure adequate lubrication, minimize roughness, and to keep the engine from stalling.

The modified intake manifold causes a rich surging condition, misfiring and unstable engine operation in cold weather, which makes ordinary street driving extremely difficult and it is not recommended for this use.

Higher than normal oil consumption will be encountered because of increased lubrication to the valve train and cylinder walls.

The carburetors are calibrated for maximum power and a high numerical axle ration is used for acceleration. As a result, the gas mileage is considerably less than for a conventional car.

Engine noise would be objectionable due to increased piston clearance and mechanical valve tappet clearance.

The ignition system is designed for optimum engine output and must be kept in top condition. This makes it necessary to inspect, adjust and replace the spark plugs and ignition points more frequently than would be necessary on a standard engine.

On car equipped with automatic transmission, band adjustment must be made frequently.

Due to performance characteristics, maintenance and operating expense will be high since premium fuel is required and frequent oil changes are a MUST.

Does not conform to Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.

Warranty and Policy Coverage

Any customer purchasing this model vehicle should be advised that due to the expected use, the vehicle is sold "as is" and the 24 month or 24,000 mile vehicle warranty coverage, the 5 year or 50,000 mile Power Train Warranty coverage, or any other warranty coverage (including, but not limited to the implied warranties of fitness for purpose intended or merchantability) will not apply to the vehicle. The manufacturer assumes no responsibility for the manner in which such vehicles operate.

Any repairs or adjustments which you believe warranty factory participation should be brought to the attention of your Regional Service Office where such requests will be handled on individual merits.

Attached is a form letter (to be prepared on your letterhead) which should be thoroughly understood and signed by each prospective purchaser and attached to your order for each Hemi Barracuda Super Stock. The purpose of the letter is to explain the normal operation characteristics of these vehicles and clarify that the warranty coverage's do not apply. Be sure a letter in this form, signed by your customer, is included with your order so there will be no delay.

R.D. McLaughlin,
General Sales Manager
Chrysler-Plymouth

ShorePounder
06-19-2003, 06:13 PM
Oh, heath. :D Explain to me again this thing about da Grump? You do realize when he went Pro Stock racing with his mouse-motored cars he couldnt' hang with the big-blocks (naturally) and instead of building a better mouse (or rat) he whined and cried to NHRA who in turn sandbagged the Hemi-powered cars right out of competition. Lowering the bar....where have I seen that lately? :rolleyes: :eek:

:D :D :D Just a shout back. You didn't think you were gonna get away with those cracks did ya? :D :D

mardyn, yup, there ain't much room between the inner fenders of an a-body Mopar to begin with. Start shoving mass quantities of horsepower producing cast iron in there and something's gotta move. The master cylinder was relocated slightly to accomodate the left valve cover. The right shock tower was moved, and the battery was relocated to trunk among other minor changes. ;)

BarryStrawn
06-19-2003, 07:11 PM
Hey Pounder,

Who won the very first Pro Stock finals? Pomona 1970. Bill Jenkins in his big block Camaro vs Ronnie Sox?

ShorePounder
06-19-2003, 07:27 PM
Mr. 4spd missed a gear. That's my story and I'm stickin to it :D :D Probably Ronnie's too. :D

BarryStrawn
06-19-2003, 07:45 PM
I seem to remember the little Vega also won first time out at Pomona in 1972. Wedge engines had a small weight break over cants and hemis but I think "building a better mouse trap" was the biggest reason. The real story was the three tenths Grumpy had on the other Chevrolets. There certainly was lots of whining and crying when he won 6 of 8 that year.;)

Talon2.5
06-20-2003, 05:54 AM
pouder was there to!! :D

heath brinkley
06-20-2003, 07:40 AM
I would have been VERY dissapionted if you let me get away with those cracks.

Bill Jenkins started out racing BIG Blocks not small blocks. It just took him a few years to realize it was just as easy and alot cheaper to beat the hemi's with small blocks.;) :D :D

heath brinkley
06-20-2003, 07:42 AM
Ronnie missed alot of shifts didn't he.....funny he never missed a shift until he was lined up with Jenkins.:confused: ;) :D :D :D

heath brinkley
06-20-2003, 08:02 AM
Chevy's crying...Baaaaaaahahahahaha.

as much as I like drag racing the manufactures cater to NASCAR, always have, and it was nascar who killed the hemi. It was king Richard's baby, and when they started going over 200 Nascar went with a 358 inch rule.

Over the years it's been ford's crying that lowers the bar and changes the rules. Because of the france's and ford's family friendship they have the most sucess in rulechanging in NASCAR. just look at there last thunderbird and there current taurus for proof of that.

Pounder...BTW...I do have a early Chrysler Hemi for my '41 willys.It's gonna get a blower and a four port hilborn.:cool: And I couldn't stop drooling over that Sanger v-drive with the early hemi at the RBR.

heath brinkley
06-20-2003, 08:08 AM
wasn't for wedges and hemi's. I understood weight breaks as lbs. per cubic inches, regardless of the style of motor. I could be wrong.:confused:

ShorePounder
06-20-2003, 09:20 AM
You've got a '41 Willys waiting for a hemi?? You wouldn't be looking to adopt a mechanically inclined, extremely appreciative long lost son would you? Sonova.... :D :D

A hemi powered Willys is like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Two great things that go great together.:D

And it was the weight breaks given to the small motor cars in Pro Stock that ran the Hemi out. NASCAR was (and still is for that matter) another story. Remember when they had the homologation rules? They had to build at least 500 of a certain body style or engine for regular production before it could be called NASCAR approved. When was the last time you saw a 2-door Taurus? How 'bout a 351 SVO block in a production car? Help me out here, when did Ford start production on 9" ring gear rear axles? and when did they offer them to GM and Chrysler?

Sorry, for the rant. Can you tell I'm a bit disenchanted with NASCAR? :D

The good ol' Hemi is back in Pro Stock and that's cool. I wish they were a bit more competitive, but they'll get that worked out soon enough. I sure hope this goes better than the Wayne County fiasco.

One more poke before I go:

Who's basic engine design is it that is used to for the 7000 hp nitromethane fed Top Fuel Motors? While there's about as many Chrysler parts in a TopFuel Hemi as there are in my wife's
Nissan Sentra, the basic design is still there. Ain't seen many Top Fuel wedge motors.... well not for long anyway. :D :D

ShorePounder
06-20-2003, 09:23 AM
Hey Skip, Cool pic!!! Unfortunately I was still spooge in '68. :D :D Well up until October or November at least if you do the math :eek:

BarryStrawn
06-20-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by heath brinkley
wasn't for wedges and hemi's. I understood weight breaks as lbs. per cubic inches, regardless of the style of motor. I could be wrong.:confused:

A weight "break" in this context would mean that a type of engine such as a wedge would run at perhaps 8 lbs per cubic inch and a hemi might run at 8.25 lbs per cubic inch. So in this example the wedge gets a .25 lb/ci advantage or break.

heath brinkley
06-20-2003, 10:54 AM
I knew that top fuel **** was coming:;) :D

I hate NASCAR...where else can a ford compete....and win, that is.
at least since billy glidden squelled on his dad for using nitrous.

I miss the Chevy vs. Hemi days at the drag strips

what I can't understand is how Darrell Alderman kicked ass for a couple years, then vandalizm destroyed his shop, Since then they haven't been able to get it together.

Thanks for the compliments on the willys, it's far from done though. Give me your address and I'll mail you some pictures. I'm worthless on a computor and haven't figured out how to post pictures. It is a steel body car with steel doors, deck lid, and rear fenders. Fiberglass front and dash. Ron Francis wiring, power windows. I just got rid of the frame and running gear (blown sbc) when I found the hemi (like you said they just go together). But it's got to be a early hemi in a willys so it took me a while to find one. I don't have the blower or four port hilborn yet. got a 2x3 tube frame with the whole frame narrowed not a back half job. so it's one pece frame rails. set-up for mustang front (still to purchase) I do however have the four link rear suspension 9' ford posi with disc brakes 15x10 polished american torque thrusts with 29-15.50's and 15 x 4 fronts. It's moving slowly as finances allow, but I GOT THE CAR which is all I care about for now. I can just go in the garage and look at it for hours. I was born in '70 about the time all the A gassers were switching to flip top cars. All the B gassers and comp. elim. guys were buying their cars to race in those classes. From the time I was a kid the drag strips were loaded with '33 '41 willys '48-'51 anglias, still equiped with halibrands and americans. I could never get past that image of a drag car and have wanted one ('41 was my favorite) since I could ever remember.

heath brinkley
06-20-2003, 10:56 AM
never realized that.

heath brinkley
06-20-2003, 12:12 PM
If your still out there, I just got out of the classifieds in the Ocala paper online.

Go to.. StarBanner.com, click on classifieds, then click on transportation, then antique/collector cars.

theres a ad for mopar collection, 9 trucks, a 72 dart swinger, 64 belvedere, 57 imperial with a 392 hemi, a police 440 in something, and others... check it out.

Sorry I don't know how to click and drag and move stuff around and ****.

heath brinkley
06-20-2003, 12:27 PM
wrote it down

9- 51-53 trucks
72 dart swinger with 400
57 imprial with 392
66 sport fury no motor
64 belvedere with 426 stage 2. (stage 2?) didn't say wedge or hemi.
motors:
63 hi perf. 413
6 cyl. truck motor
67 hi perf. 383
police 400
stone grinder 4 sp.
lots of parts 38,000 for everything didn't break down car for car.
pobably because Star Banner charges for each price listed.

Chrysler made alot of cars I liked but the 64/65 belvederes/coronets were my second favoriteeven though they were BIG cars,
Favorites were 67/68 cudas, like in the picture that started this thread.

Talon2.5
06-20-2003, 03:14 PM
heres the ad, cpied and pasted..............

MOPAR COLLECTION. Collection of vintage Dodge trucks. Under roof, are #9 complete, all original trucks from 1951-53 no bondo, all metal. Also a room full of spare body parts, too many to list. In addition-4 cars: 1-'72 Dart Swinger with a 400 c.i. eng., auto. trans, a customized car. 2-'57 Chrysler Crown Imperial complete w/original 392 c.i. HEMI & trans. 3-’66 Plymouth Sport Fury, 383 c.i. eng. is gone. Rest of car nice & complete. 4-’64 Plymouth Belvedere, complete w/original 426 c.i. stage 2 eng. Have title, owner & service manual. Spare engines & parts: 1-Extra 6-cyl. engine for trucks; 1-’67 Hi Perf. 383 c.i.; 1-440 c.i. eng.; 1-Police car 400 c.i. magnum eng. w/headers & trans..; 1-’63 hi perf 413 c.i. eng. w/trans.; 1-Stone Grinder 4-spd trans. & much more. Must see to appreciate. Total collection purchase price $38,000 obo. For info call 352-690-9545.

ShorePounder
06-20-2003, 03:38 PM
(sigh) And me without my winning lotto ticket.

Sonova...

heath brinkley
06-20-2003, 03:50 PM
Talon, thanks.

Pounder, like I said, Ocala papers weird. You can run a ad but only one price per ad on cars. Usually these kind of ads will be sold one by one and even priced one by one. but if he listed a price for each one he would pay for 13 ads. If you see one your interested in, even one of the motors or trannys, give him a call.
USUALLY, people aren't trying to sell a package deal.
I'm going to call about the Belvedere.

heath brinkley
06-20-2003, 03:52 PM
BTW, what's a 426 phase 2, mopar freak:D
is that a hemi or wedge. and anything special either way.

heath brinkley
06-20-2003, 04:09 PM
I called him, and he will sell seperate.
4,000 for the belvedere
2,500 for the Imperial

they're complete cars but need some lovin'.

ShorePounder
06-20-2003, 04:09 PM
It's a Stage II and its a Wedge. Whether it's a Max Wedge or not I don't know for certain. I've not yet attained full freak status. Just a focused admirer and proud owner at this point. Up until a few years ago I bled Ford blue. Don't say a word. I've only owned one GM product my entire life and I still start cussing when I think about that ^%$# )*$#@@ #$)* @% *) %*%% POS. :D :D We did pick up an '86 V6 Camaro for my son. The price was right and that was the deal maker. :D

ShorePounder
06-20-2003, 04:10 PM
Cool

heath brinkley
06-20-2003, 04:18 PM
CONGRADULATIONS for seeing the light before you spent a life of misery screwin' with fords.
what do you own along the lines of mopar power.
Sorry to hear you had GM problems.
Drop a V-8 in that Camaro.

ShorePounder
06-20-2003, 08:47 PM
I've got most of a '71 Charger. Factory 318 auto car, but there's a 383 awaiting resurrection on the floor in my garage. I've got a little bit of sheetmetal work to do up front. The rear quarters are fine and the trunk is minimal. I'm working out a restomod SuperBee clone. B&M shifter grafted into the factory slapstick console, '75 Cordoba dash stuffed with aftermarket gauges, SuperBee exterior treatment and a fiberglass power bulge hood. A nice respectable street ride with enough bite to back its bark is all I'm looking for.

I still like my Fords and I'd take parts of one over two complete GM products.
I ain't dropping a V8 in a Camaro driven by my 19 yr old son. Unless, you let me put the policy in your name :D :D

Capt.Insane-o
06-22-2003, 12:09 AM
Well ,all of them did'nt, and that explains the dented headers.:eek:

heath brinkley
06-23-2003, 04:37 PM
those were caused by the Chrysler mechanics trying to get 'em to fit right!!!:eek:

LaserModVee
06-26-2003, 09:36 PM
CLICK HERE FOR A MAX WEDGE BELV. ON EBAY (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2420334423&category=6387)

ShorePounder
06-26-2003, 11:26 PM
(sigh) :rolleyes:

Unobtanium.

heath brinkley
06-27-2003, 06:04 AM
hey Pounder,
It says 5.5 meter stallion in your sig.
Is that the same stallion as the one in the recent thread
about the boat that looks like a Vector?

ShorePounder
06-28-2003, 08:32 AM
No, but made by the same people. The Vector look-a-like is actually a Sterling. Sterlings and Stallions were all made by the same guy (Bob Ackerbloom) who went on to be da man at Gambler. According to the addresses I found, they were only a couple of doors down from each other.

A good thread about Stallions (http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34526)

heath brinkley
06-30-2003, 08:02 PM
Cool, I was wondering what it looked like.

BTW, I was doing some math, if you were spooge in '68, that put you around 34, you have a 19 year old?

Let's see the '71 Charger.

ShorePounder
06-30-2003, 08:41 PM
Step-son is the correct term. He's my wife's from her first marriage. She's 5 years my senior. Don't ya know I love to rub that in :D :D If you didn't know about the age difference or the lineage, you'd swear the boy was mine.

Here's some Charger pics (http://http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34732) for ya.

Hydropimp911
06-30-2003, 08:44 PM
Hemi's very nice. :D

PhastBoat
07-01-2003, 12:45 AM
MOPARS RULE YOUR FATHER IS GAY

Forkin' Crazy
07-01-2003, 07:46 AM
Geeze! How did I miss this thread?

This is my baby!

Forkin' Crazy
07-01-2003, 07:48 AM
Well, not "mine" , but I did the restoration on it...:cool:

ShorePounder
07-02-2003, 09:25 AM
I was wondering if you were ever gonna chime in here. :D :D

So that's the finished product? Lookin good!!

heath brinkley
07-02-2003, 09:41 AM
easy on hydropimp, he's young and doesn't know any better.

Hell, his whole life the only view a Hemi's had of a Chevy is a ass view. When a ass view is your only view, your vision gets a little clouded.
Chrysler engineers thought their hemi's were doing the BBC's doggy style after seeing nothin but ass for so many years.

:D :D :D :D

ShorePounder
07-02-2003, 11:52 AM
Chevrolet - "If we can't beat it, BAN IT" :D :D nuff said.

action17
07-02-2003, 12:28 PM
oh lord you people are going to make me break out some of Dads pics from the racin days!!!!!!:D

ShorePounder
07-02-2003, 12:52 PM
I'll give you a nickel if you do it. :D :D

heath brinkley
07-02-2003, 01:57 PM
:D :D :D :D

Pounder, a big grin broke out on my face when I saw your name in the resonded to thread - in my e-mail.

I was expecting something more vocal though.;) :D

ShorePounder
07-02-2003, 07:53 PM
Sorry to dissapoint you. :D I mean I can be quite vocal if you want me to be. I mean some people think I'm incapable of shutting my mouth and that I'm alergic to silence, but that's not really the case I mean for instance just the other day some lady asked a question and I hesitated giving the answer even thought I knew it just because I thought it would be best to give someone else a chance you know. C'mon one guy can't get allt he attention you have to share the wealth and what about that, how come everyone says share the wealth, but rich people will snatch a 20.00 off the ground faster than a wino with a nervous tick? Why is that, maybe they have an immunity clause somehwere that says they don't have to share?? Maybe the wino really isn't a wino and it's really a cop running a speed trap but dressed as a wino to fool rich people into a false sense of security so they go whizzing by in their rich people cars and get speeding tickets. It would certainly explain why the rich guy was so quick to snatch the twenty bucks. I mean really!! Have you seen the fines attached to speeding violations these days?? Wow if you get caught speeding you have to pay the court about the same money you pay the bank every month to keep the damn thing. Speaking of banks, why do they call the sides of an engine the "banks". All they hold is aluminum. Last time I checked aluminum wasn't a precious metal. Hey then does that make those aluminum can collection trailers that the Boy Scouts put out banks too? They hold aluminum right? Okay then what about river banks?? If you have a piggy bank in the shape of something other than a piggy, is it still a piggy bank? See this is what I mean. I'm asking you questions to give you the opportunity to speak. I'm not gonna sit here and fill the screen with typed words and not let you get your say in. No sirree, that's not my style. I'm a man of few words and even fewer sentences. Ever notice when your standing with a group of people there;s always one person who feels compelled to keep a conversation going when really all the rest of the group wants is quiet? You know the type, anytime there's a lull in the group chater this person brings up some stupid subject like the Gross National Product of Beliz and how it's declined over the past 18 mos. due to a flea infestation in their number 1 export, llamas. Ever seen a llama? They certainly aren't worthy of an oddly spelled name. Then again perhaps they're compensating. I wonder what the deal is with the two "L"s Like I didn't get it the first time or something. two "M"s would make more sense don't you think? Lamma? No, maybe not, then there'd be idiots pronouncing it like Gamma as if it were some sort of ray gun or something. Oh wait! You didn't pronounce it like gamma did you? Sorry I meant other idiots not like you of course. Hey you know what I meant anyway didn't you?? Sure ya did. Wait. What were we talking about again?? ;)

heath brinkley
07-02-2003, 08:10 PM
I'll have to read that tommorrow.
It'll be past my bedtime when I finish with that novel:D :D :D :D

heath brinkley
07-02-2003, 08:10 PM
but that's what I was expecting:D

ShorePounder
07-02-2003, 11:24 PM
You should always be careful what you wish for ;)

heath brinkley
07-03-2003, 06:06 AM
I'll ALWAYS be careful what I wish for.
thanks for the lesson.:D

heath brinkley
07-03-2003, 06:08 AM
Pounder, BTW, I wasn't being an ass and not commenting on your charger. I wasn't able to get the pictures to come up.

I'm somewhat computor challenged.

action17
07-03-2003, 07:08 AM
oh no Heath i feel another lesson comin on!! Pounder did you develope carple tunnle after that novel????:D

heath brinkley
07-03-2003, 07:27 AM
Carpel tunnell :D :D :D :D :D
I got a razorblade some fishing line and duct tape. Not to mention a cold case of beer. Action come on over and bring Pounder I think we can operate on that carpel tunnell.:D

action17
07-03-2003, 07:36 AM
lets do it!! hey Heath how big is your lake?? any hotels/fish camps or anything like that in the area??

ShorePounder
07-03-2003, 07:51 AM
Attention readers: Just so's you know those guys are my friends. :rolleyes:

razorblade, fishing line and duct tape huh. I see you went to the Ocala School of Fine Medicine and Neurosurgury. :D

Hey Pazos, shut up and post pics :D :D :D Heath don't need any encouragement. :D

action17
07-03-2003, 08:02 AM
i'll have to post the pics later this weekend dad hasn't brought the van up here yet and thats where there at!

heath brinkley
07-03-2003, 08:58 AM
Lakes about 10 sq. miles, clear water, sandy bottom.
I told talon in a pm to bring pounders boat over when he gets the motor on. It's great for testing, I got all the tools in the garage, and two lifts if it needs to go in the air. :D :D

heath brinkley
07-03-2003, 09:00 AM
Oh yeah, and a fridge full'o'beer.:D :D :D

Dr. Heath will be needin' that for the surgery, Ocala med. school taught us to drink heavily before any surgery.;)

heath brinkley
07-03-2003, 09:12 AM
If you ever do bring your boat, bring the charger too.
got an old subdivision that failed here in Ocklawaha, looooong backroads, no houses:D

ShorePounder
07-03-2003, 09:34 AM
You'll see the boat before you see the Charger. It's got a year or two of work left on it at best.

I tell you what though, that's a hell of an offer and I appreciate it. Thank you. Like I told you before, be careful what you wish for. There may be a small crew of grinnin syndicate goodfellas showing up for a thrashing session on the ol' Pumpkin. :D :D

Sounds like ya got a good test track for when I get my tree-ate-a-tree built too.

Ummm standard practice dictates that the patient be anesthetised, not the surgeon. Must be some of that New Age Medicine stuff. On second thought, sounds like it's straight out of Granny Clampett's Dokter'n Book. :rolleyes:

heath brinkley
07-03-2003, 09:44 AM
Patient...anesthetised....I knew the Ocala Med. School seemed kinda backwoodsed to me.

Full scholarship tho':D :D

I'm careful what I wish for, and you guys are welcome anytime.
serious.
Hopefully by next summer I'll even have a complimentary place to stay. we can put the boats in on my beach.
e-mail me if you want to do it.
you too Bobby.

heath brinkley
07-03-2003, 09:47 AM
Only thing tho' you need to be able to stomach the sight of your pumpkin being launched by my Blazer.

I'd hate to see the results of a hemi powered Dodge trying to launch a boat in 3' of water:D :D :D

action17
07-03-2003, 09:48 AM
sounds great i wold love to come over and spend a day getting Pounders boat ready so i can call him out!!!!!!:D

heath brinkley
07-03-2003, 09:57 AM
Action,
I tried to e-mail ya' hopefully it went through.

action17
07-03-2003, 10:23 AM
i'll check it out and respond!!

ShorePounder
07-03-2003, 10:55 AM
Bobby, I probably don't need to tell you this, but my mouth will always be faster than anything I'm driving :D :D

Heath, rest assured, we'll make plans to come play in your pond. I'm sure that Blazer can put the boat in, but who's gonna pull the Blazer and my boat out back out of 3' of water? There'll be mine and Bobby's Dodges there, one of us will help you out. ;)

heath brinkley
07-03-2003, 11:43 AM
Pounder, sent you an e-mail.

heath brinkley
07-03-2003, 11:47 AM
Oh, and BTW, if you feel like you would be imposing, teach me one thing on the computor and we'll call it even.

teach me two or more things and I'll feel like I'm imposing.