PDA

View Full Version : 1976 Baja 16SS

dolfanasa
06-09-2022, 10:07 PM
This is my 1976 Baja 16 SS closed bow outboard speedboat. I bought this as a project and have worked on it (and paid people to work on it) off and on for over 10 years now. All the exterior work is now done on it and it is a beautiful red metal flake with silver inserts. It has new lights, new rub rail, new cleats, etc. Engine is a restored 140HP two stroke Evinrude outboard motor, which was gone through in fall of 2021 by Woods Boathouse in Fairmont, WV to ensure it started and ran perfectly. I installed a CNC Power Lift manual jack plate, since that seemed like what a lot of the folks on this forum and others suggested for adjusting this boat and motor setup for speed and efficiency. Interior has been totally redone as shown in the photos with new upholstery, etc. New gauges, steering cables, throttle cables, etc. One snag I just ran into was that the tilt/trim does not want to work now. It was working fine last fall, so I’m not sure if it is a loose wire, or a cylinder leak. I’m in the final stages, and I’m getting distracted by a new project - a Waverunner powered 13’ RSRacecraft aluminum mini jet boat kit…