PDA

View Full Version : Cajun bass boat

smith625
05-29-2021, 04:23 PM
Good evening everyone, I inherited a 1995 Rajun Cajun bass boat. I fished in this boat and was an awesome stable rig. Powered with an 150 mercury xri. My question is I was told this boat has no wood, the only wood I could find was the split live well covers. Every other hatch is aluminum. Can anybody verify for me. The transom is solid and the floor as well. I am going to restore the paint and the wiring etc just wanted some accurate info before I start spending. Thanks for any info in advance!

XstreamVking
06-01-2021, 06:58 AM
They have an alum honeycomb transom core. Should last forever. they are well built boats. Only drawback is the hook that they put on the bottoms for "safety". Still run good, and the hook helps with low speed planing. Def will not have a porpoising problem. I have a 18' Cajun Paul Elias edition designed for fishing Lake Okeechobee. No structural problems at all. :thumbsup:

smith625
06-06-2021, 09:18 PM
Sorry I’m so late getting back. Thks for the positive info! Going to dig in in about a month will send some before and after pics.