PDA

View Full Version : Why Can't I get into the class?

Synergyx
06-08-2003, 06:37 PM
Hi all:

I am trying to get into the unlimiteds class but they won't let my boat in? :mad:

I thought unlimited meant - (UNLIMITED)! :confused:

Anyhow, here is a picture of my boat, perhaps someone can tell me why they won't let my hydroplane in. :(

Thanks.

:D

Gordie Miller
06-08-2003, 07:27 PM
Unlimiteds are hydros, you have a tunnel there. Maybe you can run OZ.

Ron Hill
06-08-2003, 10:56 PM
Hell, Jimbo and Renato ran tunnels in Unlimited...it has to be POLITICS....But then again, did he pay his fees to Hydro-Prop???

ShorePounder
06-08-2003, 11:41 PM
You're not thinking on the same level. You see, the hull you're trying to compete with is SEVERELY limited in lake/river size.

That thang ain't no crick croozer :D :D

Thank you for trying, please play again soon! - The Sanctioning Body :D :D

sho305
06-09-2003, 12:22 AM
That doesn't look like James Bond and his favorite babe standing on the deck there...:confused:

Besides, they know all those antennas are an easy give away to all the ecu jambing equipment inside...:cool:

Synergyx
06-09-2003, 03:12 AM
Dear ShorePounder :

I understand your comment regarding river limitations but wouldn't I automatically start and finish almost right away because of the amount of space my hydroplane takes up?

Or would I be imposed upon with a magnificent handicap because of my omnipresent speed and presence?

Cheers.
:D :cool:

Synergyx
06-09-2003, 05:17 AM
OK Guys! I made some MAJOR mods to my hull overnight last night and it wasn't easy I can tell you!

Does my boat now fit into the class??

Synergyx
06-09-2003, 05:18 AM
I mean look she planes right!?

:D :D

Synergyx
06-09-2003, 05:19 AM
Look --- NO WAKE! ;)

Synergyx
06-09-2003, 05:21 AM
See... I can even carry the race committee so that all protests can be witnessed first hand for race results committee after the race!

I mean geez! I have made a huge effort to be class complient wouldn't you say? :D :D :rolleyes:

10.5' Tunnel
06-09-2003, 03:57 PM
Where do you boat?

Synergyx
06-10-2003, 02:34 PM
I love to boat on the inner and outer harbour here in the big T.O.

I belong to the Westwood (Party Central) Yacht club at the Outer Harbour Sailing Federation.

I sail Lasers & Fins and have recently aquired a very very strong interest in hydroplanes and hull and boat design.

I, of course, have also recently invested in boating books on design and theory as well as engineering specs for boat design.

I would very much like to build my own speedster soon, this is why I have begun digging deeply into online boating resources.

Where do you boat at?

10.5' Tunnel
06-10-2003, 02:58 PM
I boat in the Kawartha's. If you wanna start off by building a simple hydroplane, I would use the glen-l plans. Ive heard nothing but good things about them

Synergyx
06-10-2003, 04:01 PM
Dear friend:

Plans are generally a pretty good idea when it comes time to actually building something.

But I get a very strong rush from actually designing as well as
building the project in question.

This is why I have my heart set on designing the boat from scratch on paper and cad. Having the bulkheads plotted out on paper and cutting the patterns on wood afterwards.

I am fast becoming well versed in the art and science of hull
design and hull based mathematical equations dealing with displacement and hydrostatics.

I have a very strong scientific education as well as applied sciences. The theories and mathematics of hull deign are being absorbed rather easily.

Although I have absolutely NO experience at all! I am quite excited by the prospect of building very fast boats and making lots of money selling them too! :)

Cheers.

10.5' Tunnel
06-11-2003, 02:47 PM
I never even thought about using Cad for hull design. Do you do any 3D studio max?

Synergyx
06-12-2003, 06:28 AM
No I don't actually use 3DS Max but CAD is a really great program for drafting everything you can imagine.

:)