PDA

View Full Version : 2.4's or 2.5's on 25 cmate

scott reierson
08-16-2001, 09:52 PM
Need feedback. Planning to rig 25 cmate OB deck w/twins. I've found some nice deals on sets of early 90's 2.4 bridgeports.

This is an OB deck boat. I would run them stock on the transom or maybe w/manual Bob's plates for adjustability. Down the road 2.5 upgrades would be a snap.

Was planning to run 2 2.5 promaxes (already have 1 and would match w/a counter rotater). Current rig runs 60-65mph on GPS w/1/2 fuel and 2 200lbs guys, using Monte 3.6 V8 w/the CMC V8 plate.

Boat less V8 and plate weighs 2800+/-. I want 75-80 out of this rig. Am I wasting my time w/2.4's? I just can't bring myself to use omc's. Any input appreciated.

08-17-2001, 04:55 PM
Is that the deck boat that Checkmate made for a few years in the early to mid-90's? That is a VERY rare hull. I was at the factory on a tour when the first one or darn near the first one was sitting off to the side. I was really suprised to see Checkmate do that. The owner came by as I was looking at the deck boat and he said that it would definatly be the fastest deck on the water.......I have a hard time remembering, but I think that one was an I/O but my memory is quite dim on that hull. I was more interested in the pretty Pulsare deck and hull sitting close by.......
I DO remember his sons were not quite as happy about a deck boat in the shop as he was :D

scott reierson
08-17-2001, 08:24 PM
This is a 1985 25ft Checkmate Convincor offshore boat with the outboard well. It is not a deckboat. Sorry for the typo.

08-18-2001, 03:45 PM
give scream and fly offshore a try with that question. You've found the 'little' boat side of the house. Go to the offshore side, and you'll find a lot of the larger boat questions and answers. Good Luck!!