PDA

View Full Version : Removing streaks and spots..

Euroski
09-22-2020, 08:08 AM
Removing streaks and spots..
What works, any home brew solutions to mix-up. Caused by water running off cover.
Other than using a cleaner wax?

thx

sonicss33
09-22-2020, 10:00 AM
Spray9. The marine version of it and then let the sun bleach it out. Cheap and worth a try.

keefallan
09-30-2020, 05:04 PM
Euroski, if water runoff leaves streaks, doesnt that mean there is no wax there to protect anyways? The streaks usually show up because the finish is not protected at the time. Water should just bead up and run off and not imbed into the finish if a good layer of wax was present. Everytime my boat would start to oxidize(deep into the season) is because the wax was gone. Just my opinion.

Euroski
09-30-2020, 05:58 PM
Euroski, if water runoff leaves streaks, doesn't that mean there is no wax there to protect anyways? The streaks usually show up because the finish is not protected at the time. Water should just bead up and run off and not imbed into the finish if a good layer of wax was present. Every time my boat would start to oxidize(deep into the season) is because the wax was gone. Just my opinion.

Will keep that in mind when al cleaned/waxed up next season. thx
It's the first year for marine dockage.

WaterZebra
12-09-2021, 03:29 PM
Removing streaks and spots..
What works, any home brew solutions to mix-up. Caused by water running off cover.
Other than using a cleaner wax?

thx

RV Grey streak remover. Remember to re-wax after using it.