PDA

View Full Version : Love my new baby tractor

Instigator
05-08-2020, 06:05 PM
And, I haven’t even used it yet for what I bought it for but......, look what you can do w/it.

SS Minnow
05-08-2020, 06:48 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/74/d6/2e/74d62e1dbe063cb56faf5281d83e5bbf.jpg

Forkin' Crazy
05-08-2020, 06:49 PM
:cool: :cheers:

LOL!!! It took you long enough!!!

I could probably put yours in my bucket... but yea, you needed that!

F' the ball on the bucket... I have one of these, but I am sure you can build one.

https://www.everythingattachments.com/EA-Gooseneck-Trailer-Hitch-For-Tractors-p/eta-ea-2_hitch.htm

Instigator
05-08-2020, 08:14 PM
It was tough to sign the loan doccs but I did my homework and I love the thing.

We’re on 3 acres and I’m getting ready to build a pool and the deck from hell.
I had a saved search on Craig’s for a used Bobcat, thinking I’d but one, do my project then sell it for what I paid.

Then a baby Kubota tractor surfaced for the same price. And it had a backhoe attached, which I needed.
Then I researched them and found the new ones had twice the power of the 10 yr old used one on Craig’s.

The one picture with the bags of top soil in the bucket was a test as to what it would lift.
I stacked on 40lb bags till it couldn’t lift them.
840lbs in that pic.

Not bad for a baby tractor.

Will fit in your bucket ? ��
Where we live, we are surrounded by farm land.
As is across street from our house.
A large farmer owns it and moved in heavy equip to clear it for farming.
I end my day on front porch w/a beer and watched them knock down and burn 40’ trees!

:cool: :cheers:

LOL!!! It took you long enough!!!

I could probably put yours in my bucket... but yea, you needed that!

F' the ball on the bucket... I have one of these, but I am sure you can build one.

https://www.everythingattachments.com/EA-Gooseneck-Trailer-Hitch-For-Tractors-p/eta-ea-2_hitch.htm

SCT
05-08-2020, 09:01 PM
Looks good, Gary. Heard there was snow in your area today......hard to believe it’s May!

Riverratt
05-08-2020, 10:42 PM
They definitely come in handy. Your green is still shiny

1954bmw
05-09-2020, 07:41 AM
What's with the raised beds???

Instigator
05-09-2020, 10:24 AM
Keeps weeds out and no sitting on the ground for mamma.

Forkin' Crazy
05-09-2020, 11:16 AM
Does the bucket come off? I have a forklift setup that goes on the front of mine that is awesome.

BTW Click on that link I put up, and then on the tractor in the photo. That is a picture of MY tractor I sent to the guy at Everything Attachments. I just realize that, LOL!!! :eek:

I'll never buy another small tractor without a loader!!!

BTW I want the backhoe attachment for mine, but it is about $10K. :confused:

Riverratt
05-09-2020, 12:11 PM
Does the bucket come off? I have a forklift setup that goes on the front of mine that is awesome.

BTW Click on that link I put up, and then on the tractor in the photo. That is a picture of MY tractor I sent to the guy at Everything Attachments. I just realize that, LOL!!! :eek:

I wish my bucket was the quick connect. I had to buy the forks that clamp on

Instigator
05-09-2020, 12:22 PM
Yes, everything comes off w/no tools required.

I want pallet forks for mine.
The back hoe was mandatory.

I will ck your link when I get off the road.

Instigator
05-09-2020, 01:42 PM
Very cool.

I have a 3 point link for mine too but would have to drop the hoe.

W/the weight of the hoe in the back it under steers really bad so once those projects are done I’ll drop/store the hoe.

Are you in the fields down their Paul?
Our farmers started last week.

SS Minnow
05-09-2020, 02:51 PM
Yes, everything comes off w/no tools required.

I want pallet forks for mine.
The back hoe was mandatory.

I will ck your link when I get off the road.

When you get around to getting the forks, check your local scrap iron yard to see if they have any. I got mine this way. They had an area about the size of a 2 car garage filled with different style forks. They charged me by the lb. If I remember right it cost me just under $40 for a set.

CDave
05-09-2020, 06:03 PM

That's what caught your eye. Not what looks like a dog that's had one too many beers. :D ;)

Forkin' Crazy
05-13-2020, 07:20 PM
Late response.... Corn is over waste high now. I've been moving things from the old farm. Rear ballast = both rear tires full of water. The axle and hubs on the old nurse tank are cast iron, not to mention the 10" channel frame... Oh and the Honda transfer pump...

https://www.screamandfly.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=465560&d=1589415528

Instigator
05-14-2020, 05:50 AM
I had a customer w/a shop that worked on all ages of tractors and was impressive to see some of the iron in there!
Another one that sold giant, new track tractors.

Late response.... Corn is over waste high now. I've been moving things from the old farm. Rear ballast = both rear tires full of water. The axle and hubs on the old nurse tank are cast iron, not to mention the 10" channel frame... Oh and the Honda transfer pump...

https://www.screamandfly.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=465560&d=1589415528

89LASER
05-14-2020, 06:27 AM
I fabricated one of those pump assemblies and tank for the airport. They use it to spray grass and weed killer. It's put in the bed of a small dump truck and they spray it from the passenger seat.

Instigator
06-07-2020, 08:12 PM
Clamp on pallet forks.

$85, e-Bay.

And yes this pic is correctly oriented on my phone.

Forkin' Crazy
06-19-2020, 05:20 PM
That is great!!! Forks are like a sore peter... Hard to beat! :D

I will say be careful with that bucket/forks/loader. When you get a heavy load and get it up high, things can go wrong really quick!!! I picked up a disk gang and frame yesterday. For some reason part of it, which was cut off with a torch, stayed on. I said F' it and proceeded to put it on the trailer. When I lifted it to clear the trailer, I was backing up turning at the same time...Going really slow... In soft uneven ground... The left rear tire left the ground as the front end swiveled... I thought I was on my side at first. Felt like the tire came off the ground about 3 feet (I know it was 2 at the most) and I dropped the loader to the ground as fast as I could. Made some racket and shook everything, but okay.

I am sure you have kited a tunnel... It kind of feels like that almost. LOL!!! Not trying to me a know it all or telling you what to do, just be careful and wear your seat belt when doing stuff like that. :)

Instigator
06-20-2020, 08:56 AM
Seat belt ��

Been there, done that.

Had a bucket full of dirt and only way to keep it full is to raise it high enough to become level.
Was driving too fast, and turning, all while crossing a low rut in the yard.
Was on two wheels and thought for sure the weight of the raised bucket was taking me over.
Luckily it didn’t but......., only done that once ��

That is great!!! Forks are like a sore peter... Hard to beat! :D

I will say be careful with that bucket/forks/loader. When you get a heavy load and get it up high, things can go wrong really quick!!! I picked up a disk gang and frame yesterday. For some reason part of it, which was cut off with a torch, stayed on. I said F' it and proceeded to put it on the trailer. When I lifted it to clear the trailer, I was backing up turning at the same time...Going really slow... In soft uneven ground... The left rear tire left the ground as the front end swiveled... I thought I was on my side at first. Felt like the tire came off the ground about 3 feet (I know it was 2 at the most) and I dropped the loader to the ground as fast as I could. Made some racket and shook everything, but okay.

I am sure you have kited a tunnel... It kind of feels like that almost. LOL!!! Not trying to me a know it all or telling you what to do, just be careful and wear your seat belt when doing stuff like that. :)