PDA

View Full Version : restoring tinted plexiglas

KIRCHNER
05-05-2020, 03:43 PM
Ive got a 38 yr old plexi windshield. its been outside, but not in direct sun. it has no crazing or cracks. it could be polycarbonate [lexan] it has a scale like film, that wont wash off. tryed comet,majic eraser, but not much help. i was told to try 2000 wet sandpaper and soapy water to cut that film from years of exposure. its bronze tint and cant be replaced. can i get it to look new again? im afraid to use a buffer to wet sand, the 1 i have seems too fast. any plexi gurus out there?

WaterZebra
12-09-2021, 07:44 AM
Ive got a 38 yr old plexi windshield. its been outside, but not in direct sun. it has no crazing or cracks. it could be polycarbonate [lexan] it has a scale like film, that wont wash off. tryed comet,majic eraser, but not much help. i was told to try 2000 wet sandpaper and soapy water to cut that film from years of exposure. its bronze tint and cant be replaced. can i get it to look new again? im afraid to use a buffer to wet sand, the 1 i have seems too fast. any plexi gurus out there?

Buy a Micromesh kit and be prepared for a lot of time, patience and slow progress. Do not try skipping any of the grit numbers.