PDA

View Full Version : For the smug who enjoy taking a shot at the United States

transomstand
04-01-2020, 10:27 AM
We have seen multiple posts from people from other countries insinuating how much "better" of a job they've done than the United States at containing this virus.

Please allow me to caution you with a quote from one of our greatest U.S. 20th Century philosophers......

"It ain't over till it's over"

Infection surges have already started in some of the countries that did a much more "perfect" job than we did.

Tin Man 2
04-01-2020, 12:18 PM
Our rate if infection is still under 1%, our numbers may be high because we have 330 million people.

Forkin' Crazy
04-01-2020, 01:51 PM
They always do that. Seems at every opportunity not unlike liberals who never let a crisis go to waste...

David
04-01-2020, 07:34 PM
Other then the Koreans, who has done a good job?

mrichartz
04-01-2020, 07:42 PM

Do you believe the north Koreans?
Although he can lock it down tight no interior movement and nothing in/out etc like it should be w/o everyone trying to pull something or they will just disappear..

Michael

SS Minnow
04-01-2020, 07:47 PM
The US is the greatest country on the planet. EVERYBODY knows that. I have been around the world. The most spoken language? English, and not because of the British. The most accepted currency? The US dollar. What other country has their language spoken nearly everywhere in the world, or their currency recognized for trade? Anybody???

Yeah, when this mess is over with, we will see where the cards fall.

David
04-01-2020, 08:00 PM
South Korea seemed to do a good job with the outbreak.

flabum1017
04-01-2020, 08:59 PM
Do you believe the north Koreans?
Although he can lock it down tight no interior movement and nothing in/out etc like it should be w/o everyone trying to pull something or they will just disappear..

Michael

Yeah, you know North Korea has zero cases now.... they rounded up everyone who was infected and shot them........... :leaving:

mrichartz
04-01-2020, 09:05 PM
Yeah, you know North Korea has zero cases now.... they rounded up everyone who was infected and shot them........... :leaving:

Exactly zero interior movement .. :eek:

powerabout
04-01-2020, 10:24 PM
South Korea seemed to do a good job with the outbreak.

Singapore also jumped on it early.

CUDA
04-02-2020, 05:58 AM

A client was forced to retire at 65 from flying overseas commercial flights, So he took a job teaching S Korean pilots to fly better, If you remember a few years ago about 3 in a short period of time crashed
He told me that the culture over there is so different, people act as soldiers very obedient, one pilot that crashed said his commander was telling him to do the wrong thing and he complied thou he knew it was wrong.

transomstand
04-02-2020, 06:16 AM
Singapore also jumped on it early.

Maybe, but maybe not. And Singapore's population would fit in Yankee Stadium so things are somewhat easier. My next door neighbor was on the phone with a company in Singapore the day the emergency was declared here, and they were taking extraordinary measures.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2020-04-02/singapores-coronavirus-struggle-shows-colossal-task-of-global-containment

powerabout
04-02-2020, 07:49 AM
A client was forced to retire at 65 from flying overseas commercial flights, So he took a job teaching S Korean pilots to fly better, If you remember a few years ago about 3 in a short period of time crashed
He told me that the culture over there is so different, people act as soldiers very obedient, one pilot that crashed said his commander was telling him to do the wrong thing and he complied thou he knew it was wrong.
they crash so well, that finally they crashed a 777 which meant they have crashed every version of every aircraft they have ever owned

transomstand
04-02-2020, 08:06 AM
Instructors have stated that S. Korean pilots are perfect students, they can recite the flight manual line for line....they just can't fly:eek:

CDave
04-02-2020, 10:06 AM

I've seen that being the cause of several jet crashes in Asian countries on the show Air Disasters, on the Smithsonian Channel.

z1rider
04-02-2020, 02:14 PM
In February 1957, a new influenza A (H2N2) virus emerged in East Asia, triggering a pandemic (“Asian Flu”). It was first reported in Singapore in February 1957, Hong Kong in April 1957, and in coastal cities in the United States in summer 1957. The estimated number of deaths was 1.1 million worldwide and 116,000 in the United States.

The Hong Kong flu was a category 2 flu pandemic whose outbreak in 1968 and 1969 killed an estimated one million people all over the world. 100,000 died in the United States. Most excess deaths were in people 65 years and older.

In the spring of 2009, a novel influenza A (H1N1) virus emerged. From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

CUDA
04-02-2020, 05:21 PM
In 1957 Chevy came out with the winged Impala to commemorate influenza A H2N2 the Jap Flu

The Toyota attacked America with the deadly Camry that destroyed the US car market in 2020.

Forced Ford and GM to quit making cars in da USA:eek:

CUDA
04-02-2020, 05:23 PM
But Tesla filled the Void;)

David
04-02-2020, 05:58 PM
5.6 million in Singapore, 8000/sq m
New York city is 10,000 per square meter
sorry for the metric

transomstand
04-02-2020, 06:07 PM
Also from Dec - Feb we had 3.5 million visitors from China, Spain, Italy and Britain.

And it appears that not everybody washed their hands.

Markus
04-07-2020, 07:51 AM
While the healthcare system is being prepared, Sweden has the laxest government policy anywhere in the developed world:

Events with more than 50 people are illegal. Only table service is allowed at restaurants. No unnecessary foreign travel. That's it.

The rest is left for people to judge for themselves.

Will be very interesting to see how this plays out compared to countries that have made different choices...__PRESENT

transomstand
04-07-2020, 10:57 AM
While the healthcare system is being prepared, Sweden has the laxest government policy anywhere in the developed world:

Events with more than 50 people are illegal. Only table service is allowed at restaurants. No unnecessary foreign travel. That's it.

The rest is left for people to judge for themselves.

Will be very interesting to see how this plays out compared to countries that have made different choices...__PRESENT

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

We've actually made 2 choices in the U.S. We have those that are "stay at home" and also A LOT of people who are "essential" and required to work and distribute germs. I have not really heard anything about infection or death rates being higher with them. I go to the grocery store and see all the same employees week after week. Their exposure rate is probably only exceeded by hospital workers (and working with MUCH less protection) Why are they not all sick or dead????:confused::confused::confused:

CDave
04-07-2020, 05:42 PM
:iagree::iagree::iagree:

We've actually made 2 choices in the U.S. We have those that are "stay at home" and also A LOT of people who are "essential" and required to work and distribute germs. I have not really heard anything about infection or death rates being higher with them. I go to the grocery store and see all the same employees week after week. Their exposure rate is probably only exceeded by hospital workers (and working with MUCH less protection) Why are they not all sick or dead????:confused::confused::confused:

Check out this video at the 4:20 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUY2oHg8CdU

Glasstream15
04-14-2020, 09:39 PM
Almost half, 45%, of infections in the USA are in NY/NJ. Leaves a lot of area for the other 55%. And my brother runs simulators for Korean Air. Says they can fly pretty well in the A320/A330 series.

Greg G
04-14-2020, 10:06 PM
While the healthcare system is being prepared, Sweden has the laxest government policy anywhere in the developed world: Events with more than 50 people are illegal. Only table service is allowed at restaurants. No unnecessary foreign travel. That's it. The rest is left for people to judge for themselves.

How do you feel that it will turn out based on the lowest restrictions there in Sweden?

powerabout
04-15-2020, 06:24 AM
How do you feel that it will turn out based on the lowest restrictions there in Sweden?
Singapore has proven that those living the closest together have a much higher risk of transfer when you look at where the current problems are.

electricjohn
04-17-2020, 03:46 PM
One U.S. state with no distancing orders credits more than half of their cases to one factory.