PDA

View Full Version : Sad day for the Glastron CV-16

LIGlastron
10-23-2019, 12:17 PM
So it's been an up and down rollercoaster with the boat. I bought it 2 years ago with the intentions of rebuilding the transom and core this winter. The original engine I had on it the beginning of the season wasn't running right and we as a p.o.s. I had found a 115 mercury that needed some work (needed to replace mid section oil pan gasket and a few other minor things which required power head removal) but I knew I could at least enjoy the season and rebuild this winter to handle the power. I was very easy on it. Thing was a blast to drive till I heard CRACK. TRANSOM DAMAGE!!! it forced me to start the rebuild!! Here's some pics. 451363451364451365451366451367451368

Da Bull
07-25-2020, 07:21 AM
How`s the rebuild coming?

CVX20SPRINT
07-31-2020, 09:31 AM
My CVX20 was in the same boat(lol).Transom was in need of work so I let it go.The design of the deck made it such a pain to do it was way too complicated for me so it's gone to a new home.

LIGlastron
07-31-2020, 02:46 PM
My CVX20 was in the same boat(lol).Transom was in need of work so I let it go.The design of the deck made it such a pain to do it was way too complicated for me so it's gone to a new home.

Unfortunately as sad as it is I ended up junking the boat. I found a really good deal on a new 23' setup , it just wasn't worth fixing. I wish I had the space to have sold it to someone wanting a project but it just wasn't logistical with where I am with my apartment. It was taking up the garage space for my m3. Now on and the pleasure of messing with my 23 foot Concorde which seems to be just as much of the money pit LOL

CVX20SPRINT
08-01-2020, 10:36 AM
Unfortunately as sad as it is I ended up junking the boat. I found a really good deal on a new 23' setup , it just wasn't worth fixing. I wish I had the space to have sold it to someone wanting a project but it just wasn't logistical with where I am with my apartment. It was taking up the garage space for my m3. Now on and the pleasure of messing with my 23 foot Concorde which seems to be just as much of the money pit LOL
They're all money pits!