PDA

View Full Version : Messing around with GoPro time lapse, Hydrostream rebuild

tnelsmn
08-11-2019, 04:58 PM
Just messing around with the time lapse feature of my new to me GoPro Hero4. Really wish I had this set up when I began the rebuild and caught it all on camera. Crazy how 4 hours worth of time can be compressed into 2:20.:eek: Camera was set at 12 megapixels wide frame, 2 second interval. I'll have to upgrade to a Hero5 or better once the boat is done so I can overlay GPS speed data onto videos :D

https://youtu.be/WGcayY6qKtM

XstreamVking
08-11-2019, 05:10 PM
I used to work that fast when I was young....Cool vid.....

tnelsmn
08-11-2019, 05:20 PM
Thanks! I plan to take videos like this for the rest of the build. Should be neat when I get it all put together.
I Wish I could move this fast. Could've covered the whole core with gel before it kicked and I ended up with a pint or so of solid gel in the shape of my mix pail. Lesson learned.

tnelsmn
10-11-2019, 11:04 PM
I've done a bit more editing work to the overall video. The boat and therefor the movie are coming along.

https://youtu.be/LMVqAeI_WRE

mrichartz
10-11-2019, 11:14 PM
I've done a bit more editing work to the overall video. The boat and therefor the movie are coming along.

https://youtu.be/2jVboAFxekY

No video...Blocked by WMG...

tnelsmn
10-11-2019, 11:16 PM
I'll try and fix it. Thank you

tnelsmn
10-12-2019, 12:03 AM
I believe I got it squared away. YouTube wasn't fond of me using Kashmir over the video.

mrichartz
10-12-2019, 07:27 AM
Just messing around with the time lapse feature of my new to me GoPro Hero4. Really wish I had this set up when I began the rebuild and caught it all on camera. Crazy how 4 hours worth of time can be compressed into 2:20.:eek: Camera was set at 12 megapixels wide frame, 2 second interval. I'll have to upgrade to a Hero5 or better once the boat is done so I can overlay GPS speed data onto videos :D

https://youtu.be/WGcayY6qKtM

I have the Garmin with the gps overlay..works great
Nice to be able to go back and look at speed etc
Really think think the 360 cameras are cool and lucky I needed a new phone (wasn't even thinking) got the Motorola z3 that has the mod add ons and one is the 360 camera/video..got the camera mod for $25..
Which was perfect because if fit the budget.. haha
Amazing how good the videos are and can overlay on it too.. and what it cost

tnelsmn
10-12-2019, 07:10 PM
I haven't looked at the Garmin stuff yet. I'll have to consider that when the time comes next season. I found the current go pros on FB marketplace for a good deal. Got 3 of them with all the accessories .

mrichartz
10-12-2019, 07:55 PM
I haven't looked at the Garmin stuff yet. I'll have to consider that when the time comes next season. I found the current go pros on FB marketplace for a good deal. Got 3 of them with all the accessories .

I like the Garmin better (got it on eBay used for $60 did have to hunt for it but)..I never liked go pro because so over priced...new a few people who had to run out and get the best.. then used them maybe 4-5 times and were pissed that if you tried to take videos of the kids tubing etc you couldn't see them when camera was mounted on the motor..
Have the Garmin virb$60
And a hd wifi action video camera on eBay for $30
(And I don't have to worry about dropping it I the water for that price) granted the go pro does have some other features...but the video quality is the same so I'm more than happy
The accessory kit $20
Couple extra cards $25
Moto 360 video camera $25
And just used a bag I had and everything fits in there!!..

I just remember the first time I saw one of the 360 videos and was impressed..wanted one but was not spending $800-1200..

tnelsmn
10-13-2019, 09:50 PM
At those price points I'll be looking a little closer. I bought 2- hero4's and 1- hero3 about 15 batteries mounts etc for 250. The new stuff is too rich for my blood for a small camera. I just wish I would've had something to record time lapse videos since I started my project. Would've made for a much cooler video!

mrichartz
10-14-2019, 11:24 AM
At those price points I'll be looking a little closer. I bought 2- hero4's and 1- hero3 about 15 batteries mounts etc for 250. The new stuff is too rich for my blood for a small camera. I just wish I would've had something to record time lapse videos since I started my project. Would've made for a much cooler video!

For the go pros I guess that's not to bad..
Friend of mine had to run out and get one and with camera case and accessories spent over $400..for one
We were out in the boat and almost dropped it in the water mounting it... I told him here I'm not touching it...be my luck to drop it... lol
And pulled out my $30 dollar one didn't tell him how much. Dropped it in the water just to see reaction.. water was shallow anyway..
Then told him how much I paid for it he was pissed then because he had seen the videos from it before and thought it was a gopro.
The Garmin is better with the over speed lay etc.
(I couldn't replace it that cheap so still don't want to put it anywhere I could lose it)..
But the other one is still good for getting videos and not having to worry about losing it..
But you have to do your research when looking at them..
Some don't have WiFi etc and are crap and actually listed for more $$$