PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Corvette - 4947 original miles.

Scream And Fly
05-19-2003, 09:31 PM
Just took this pic in the garage. Fully loaded, 4947 original miles - never seen rain or snow. Not so much as a fingerprint on it either. It's best friends with my boat, since they spend a lot of time next to eachother in the garage.

Greg

Raceman
05-19-2003, 09:43 PM
That's a neat piece. I remember you tellin' me about it at Jasper now. What's the exterior color?

Scream And Fly
05-19-2003, 09:45 PM
It's red. I really like the red on red. I'm planning on taking it out of the garage this week, so I'll take some pictures of it and post it here. Even the exhaust system is still spotless.

Greg

stvhelm
05-19-2003, 09:49 PM
man, i damn near fell on the floor when he pulled up on his GSXR bike today. that thing hasnt left the garage in years either. I guess a blown tranny in your car will do that to a person. what are you gonna do when it rains? put the damn thing on the road! and junk the damn dodge

Scream And Fly
05-19-2003, 09:59 PM
Looks like the Stealth has met the end of its life. It was a good car, but it's time to move on.:( Time to get a new car. I really wanted to see how long that Stealh could last too - I really enjoyed driving the old girl. It was the only workhorse I own! Everything else is just never used. Looks like me and Raceman have something in common.

Here's a pic of the engine in the Vette - dusty, but still clean! It's never been cleaned or touched in its life!

Greg

Raceman
05-19-2003, 10:00 PM
It's too late to put miles on it now. I bought a new ZR1 in 1990. I ordered it in 89 and waited a year. It was never smoked in, rained on and spent very little time in the sun. I sold it in about 99 with 3700 miles. The Chevy dealer who bought it said he was keeping it forever. He sold it within a couple of weeks and it ended up in Illinois after passing through a couple of Corvette specialty dealers. I traced it to the one in Ill. who sold it to a retail customer who totalled it. I think the new owner was seriously hurt. It's always bugged me that a car that I took that kind of care of, and made all those sacrifices to keep it as new, got into the wrong hands.

My cars are like family and I very rarely dispose of one now.

Raceman
05-19-2003, 10:04 PM
Unbelievable condition. The 89 is kind of a milestone year with it being the last of the old style dash. That'd be a great car to take to Bloomington and get not only a Survivor Award, but a Gold also. There are very few cars that will do both, but that sure looks like one.

Scream And Fly
05-19-2003, 10:07 PM
That's why I wanted the '89. I wanted the digital dash. I always liked it as a kid when the '84 came out, and I think they made a revision to it in '87 or so. I still get a kick out of looking at it. It's just so cool.

Greg

Talon2.5
05-20-2003, 04:03 AM
what? the stealth is dead? you need to get something all your gear fits in and the tranny warranty is longer than a trip to carrolton kentucky hehehehehe

nice ride!! i think you and raceman need to get out more often :D :D

mr.clean
09-18-2003, 08:57 PM
my old one :)

rmh77
09-18-2003, 09:07 PM
I have an 85 corvette forsale new paint and trans. 100,000 miles on it. not as nice as greg's though

eautosales
09-18-2003, 09:24 PM
i have an 84 crossfire that doesnt see the sun often:D
i more year & she will be an antique
my wife says sell the toys ya never use them:rolleyes:
she looks good next to the 1500xs in the shop:cool: