PDA

View Full Version : 23 Daytona

berdes
06-25-2019, 06:46 PM
After a lot of unnecessary tweaking, finally got it in the water. Going to be fun.

HydroSkreamin
06-25-2019, 07:11 PM
Very cool. I'm finishing rigging on mine, looking forward to hearing more about yours.

eli
06-25-2019, 07:27 PM
Enough room to bust a move in the interior removing the side seats really free up some flor space ,nice !

berdes
06-28-2019, 03:31 PM
Thanks. Ran the noisy beast this morning. Rock solid ride. Wife say's she feels safer in this one than she did in the 25 Talon.
But WOW are those 2.4's noisy ! Ready to post post yours up yet ?

Very cool. I'm finishing rigging on mine, looking forward to hearing more about yours.

berdes
06-28-2019, 03:33 PM
Thanks. We're thinking of two recliners and a beer cooler to use up the extra space ----------

Enough room to bust a move in the interior removing the side seats really free up some flor space ,nice !

HydroSkreamin
06-28-2019, 05:13 PM
Thanks. Ran the noisy beast this morning. Rock solid ride. Wife say's she feels safer in this one than she did in the 25 Talon.
But WOW are those 2.4's noisy ! Ready to post post yours up yet ?

I’m literally days before getting it to the water. It’s been a 5-year project, but it’s coming out nice. Here’s what I started with.

JPEROG
06-28-2019, 05:33 PM
I’m literally days before getting it to the water. It’s been a 5-year project, but it’s coming out nice. Here’s what I started with.

Updated pictures would be cool.

Joe

berdes
09-18-2019, 09:03 AM
X2 Would be nice to see you've done.

Updated pictures would be cool.

Joe

AZMIDLYF
09-18-2019, 10:56 AM
If you don't want to read through the whole thread, skip to the end to see the finished product. Hydro definitely gets the award for perseverance on this baby.
https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/threads/project-stresseliminator-restomod-23-daytona.155360/

HydroSkreamin
09-18-2019, 12:07 PM
AZMIDLYF, ya ratted me out!:D

It was just coincidence that this old girl got back on the water on her 32nd birthday. After 5 years of planning and working, it was an awesome feeling to take my family to lunch while on vacation. Since we were vacationing in SNF member Eli's home waters, I PM'd him and got to spend a couple hours with him.

All in all, I really like the way it rides and handles, other than I probably didn't nail my setup on my pod mod.

First time at the sandbar with the tunes playing.

Got to watch a sunrise with my wife.

After dinner sunset on the last day of vacation.

The dash does everything I designed it to do, and I'm kind of proud of it.

Somewhere along the line I was able to get a picture of one of these...

Sorry to the OP if this is threadcrapping, but I believe you asked for it!:cheers:

I will start a thread on this in the restoration section when I get some time.

berdes
09-18-2019, 12:58 PM
Unbelievable amount of time, talent, and creativity in that one. Congratulations.

eli
09-18-2019, 02:00 PM
I got to see it first hand she is a beauty great work ,makes me miss my 23 especially since the water is rougher today than .

JPEROG
09-18-2019, 10:30 PM
Unbelievable amount of time, talent, and creativity in that one. Congratulations.

You think? This guy is a nut for detail then detail the details. I have projects that take five years but none have turned out like this- Now that he is going to have a bunch of free time I better send him something to stay busy with....Let me know what you want to work on hydro "big to small, we have em' all" Projects-

Joe

JPEROG
09-18-2019, 10:34 PM
I didn't think you stayed out that late anymore "watching the sunrise"-I have done that a few times and had to scramble to make it to work on time. "nothing better then anchoring, sleeping on the tunnel top, and hearing the water slap" -the good old days....

Joe

Scream And Fly
09-19-2019, 09:30 AM
That Eliminator is just sexy to the max!

AZMIDLYF, ya ratted me out!:D

It was just coincidence that this old girl got back on the water on her 32nd birthday. After 5 years of planning and working, it was an awesome feeling to take my family to lunch while on vacation. Since we were vacationing in SNF member Eli's home waters, I PM'd him and got to spend a couple hours with him.

All in all, I really like the way it rides and handles, other than I probably didn't nail my setup on my pod mod.

First time at the sandbar with the tunes playing.

Got to watch a sunrise with my wife.

After dinner sunset on the last day of vacation.

The dash does everything I designed it to do, and I'm kind of proud of it.

Somewhere along the line I was able to get a picture of one of these...

Sorry to the OP if this is threadcrapping, but I believe you asked for it!:cheers:

I will start a thread on this in the restoration section when I get some time.

HydroSkreamin
09-19-2019, 12:10 PM
You think? This guy is a nut for detail then detail the details. I have projects that take five years but none have turned out like this- Now that he is going to have a bunch of free time I better send him something to stay busy with....Let me know what you want to work on hydro "big to small, we have em' all" Projects-

Joe

Oh, you're funny! I guess if I can work on it in the truck while driving to and from work, MAYBE I'll consider it, but the rest of the projects have stacked up...and this one ain't done until I say it is...

I didn't think you stayed out that late anymore "watching the sunrise"-I have done that a few times and had to scramble to make it to work on time. "nothing better then anchoring, sleeping on the tunnel top, and hearing the water slap" -the good old days....

Joe

The nice thing with this one is the cabin is finished, carpet, pad, deck hatch, and all. Mama bear crawled in there one night when we were stargazing and passed out. I couldn't wake her up, so I got on plane and drove 2 miles back to the cabin, she slept the whole way!:D

HydroSkreamin
09-19-2019, 12:12 PM

Thank you, but I have to give the credit to all of my friends that helped over the years on this one. Without them, I'd still be working on it.

HydroSkreamin
09-19-2019, 12:20 PM
That Eliminator is just sexy to the max!

Thanks, Greg! I'm planning on dragging it down in November to the BBQ, hopefully we can cross paths there.

Da Bull
10-07-2019, 04:34 PM
This is the first boat I have seen that the big 400 doesn`t look to big on. It looks like it belongs on there. Very nice.

Tripps
12-24-2019, 11:49 PM
Like to see the pod modification i have a 23 w BBC and bravo like your comments about lift!!!! Tripps