PDA

View Full Version : custom swim ladder - Hydrostream Viper....

69MyWay
04-01-2019, 08:02 AM
Been struggling with a conundrum. We love the look and function of our 1984 Viper - but when we use it to pull a tube or knee board...or just to hit a quiet cove and swim...getting back in it is a bare. I've been weighing out ideas now for a while...and settled on a solution. I'm 99% done with it - untested as of yet...but here is what I did.

Found a cheap three rung ladder on Amazon for under $120. Picked up a piece of stainless angle scrap from a local welding shop.

Had to fit this to the angled left rear transom - then cut to fit. I tacked it in place with my MIG, but will have the local shop stainless weld it up (they will grind off my spots when they set proper welds on there). I'll order some anti-slip stickers and this should do it.

I may cut the third rung off - not sure it needs to go that deep yet.

My wife thinks it looks ugly, and I don't disagree...but I just don't see a better way to make it go. Hoping to have less than $250 all in with the welding, stickers, and hardware.

Tin Man 2
04-10-2019, 05:59 AM
Looks like a good solution to the problem, It’s either your way or having a portable ladder bounce around in the cockpit.

fairwindracing
01-23-2020, 07:34 PM
Look up jack plate steps

62 bugzilla
10-13-2023, 11:24 AM
Look up jack plate steps
love this solution I will be buying one for my vulture.

wcarlyle
10-13-2023, 12:12 PM

A good friend told me about this and it works great on my Grand Sport, neat and out of the way. Allaboardmarine.com.