PDA

View Full Version : Big hats off to Blown509Liberator & friends

Ron V
08-11-2001, 08:58 PM
I would just like to extend a word of thanks to Blown509Liberator and the guys who put on the jet boat get together on the Fox Chain on Saturday morning. Figured I'd stop by since he said that us weed whackers were welcome to say hi. I was a little bit worried about showing up with an outboard, but as it turns out we had some really good laughs about that, especially when Mike C. got caught on film checking out my Evinrude! Turned out to be an awesome time! Got my first ride in a jet with "Bruce" from Minnesota in his 1975 Hondo. Thanks again Bruce that was great. Made my weekend. What a piece of history and what a stormer out of the hole. 70 mph in that thing with no windshield and a flat dash really gives you the wind in the face all the way and I have to admit that hearing a 454 run through open headers at 5 grand is music to my ears. I knew nothing about jets until this morning, and now I still know very little, but that's what made it neat, was to learn about what makes those things tick. It's funny how that goes both ways too--Mike C. thought that the pistons for my power trim had something to do with the steering when he first looked at the motor, and he did admit it is amazing the amount of power those little blocks put out in the outboards. He's from Arizona, and I think that shows how the geography plays a role in what is more popular, as someone else alluded to last week on the board.

Again, a great time. Wish I hadn't had to bail out a little early but I had some other stuff to attend to and I tend to get sick from being out in the sun too long so I can only be out there so many hours without a break. Thanks again Mike and hope to see you again.

Barney
08-12-2001, 05:21 AM
Thank you for extending the welcome to those guy!
Glad you had fun.

Blown509Liberator
08-12-2001, 03:25 PM
Thanks To all that attend the Rally this weekend
RatSquirt and the Viking, Craig and Tammy, John and Cathy, Chuck and Kelly and Friends, Ron V, And of course MikeC. We had a very good time. Give you a little run down on how the Weekend. Thurs we tried to get out to the Races but a storm cut them short. Bruce Craig and myself had the pleasure of getting doused by the rain as we waited at the ramp for our trailers.
Friday...Much better. we head out at 9:30 ran the river and the lakes in the morning then I had to head off to get MikeC from the airport. Friday afternoon head back out for a few more hours then head back to our campsite for some dinner.
Saturday we had some more good weather. As we waited at the ramp we met Ron V from Screamandfly web site with his nice Rapidcraft eggbeater. Ron came out because of my invite and we were glad to have him. Ron even got a ride in Bruce's Hondo. We headed back to the park for a lunch and Chuck Raffled off some T-shirts and E-trac GPS. (Thanks to Chuck and his company) John and Cathy where the big winner of the E-trac. After lunch we headed back out for some more jetting. That night we head back again for a grilled dinner and socializing and a preview of Craig's Video

Blown509Liberator
08-14-2001, 09:58 AM
<a href="http://nothinbutjets.homestead.com/MWRJBRPIX.html">Look here</a>

RatSquirt
08-15-2001, 01:21 AM
Now I am posting for the first time over here. I did not know that there was a jet section.

It was nice meeting ya and having a sole prop dude to beat up on ;) I mean this good naturedly of course. I don't want to start a fire so i'll mist it down a bit :p

This was a great weekend for all that attended and next time around should be even better. Thanks MikeW.

Ron, next time go for a scoot in MikeW's Liberator. Way smoother than my "hot tub car boat" (great name barney) That'll straighten yer hair out :eek:

Thanks to all that attended

Bruce

Ron V
08-15-2001, 09:03 AM
Thanks again for the ride, Bruce. I don't mind the pounding at all, and I actually thought your boat rode rather good for the hull design. I'm sure Mike's Liberator is a real ride at 90.

FlatOutPlaced
08-23-2001, 09:50 AM
Hey folks,

Fox lake, great place to hang out with boat friends. I had a great experience at the MWRJB meet. RonV, you showing up was a very cool thing. Yes, I was amazed at that little 90 hp pushing that 19 footer along at 55ish! And the interior room you OB guy's are spoiled!..... Ron thanks again for hanging out with us Jetters, (goes to show we all really love BOATING, all of them). Bruce, I can't post any pics or updates on RJB for some reasone???? Freebee boards just are not reliable anymore. I was glad to hear about your Droop Snoot results, I think you may need to work on your intake scoop a little bit to attain your Ultimate holeshot again. You have done some amazing work to your Hondo to be getting what you have now. The holeshot is a neck snapping, eyeopening, hold on, hole'e ?hit kinda experience. I think you will be a good challenge for the Viking to catch you in the 1/4! LOL John! :-)

Later for now, cheers to good friends and Hot Boating!!!
FOP (AKA:MikeC)