PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mr.Gohr

KaptainKirk
04-26-2001, 10:06 PM
Hey was talkin ta RickRacer over tha weekend.
And I was wonderin can ya dry stack my motor and cut my tuner?
How much?
Motor is a 1989 225 Evinrude.
Thanks for your time!!
K.K.

TTriton
04-26-2001, 10:20 PM
Wouldn't that make it unberably loud?

KaptainKirk
04-26-2001, 10:25 PM
I already am!!!
6 Bose speakers,
2 12 jbl subs,
3 amps,
1000 watts.
baker marine manual exhaust.(2 holes above cav.plate that have caps and are about 1 1/2" in dia.)
But the dry stack sounds so cool when ya get out of the throttle!!!
Plus would that help my holeshot time??
K.K.

Techno
04-27-2001, 04:07 PM
What do you have for a charging system on that? I've thought about adding a small system but don't have the charging system. I also don't want the wieght of the woooooofer boxes, but I'm sure there some way around that.

FCnLa
04-27-2001, 08:51 PM
Get rid of all that heavy stereo! :eek: HAHA! How are you going to hear it with all that racket coming from your motor? It must be LOUD!

[Edited by FCnLa on 04-27-2001 at 08:54 PM]

Ron V
04-27-2001, 09:09 PM
It IS loud! The first time my dad saw Kirk's boat run was right before the Firewater lunch run people arrived at the marina for lunch. Kirk and I had decided to tear up the river a bit before they arrived. Dad was riding in my boat and I had told Kirk to try and time it so he was coming right past me under hard acceleration when we went under the one bridge on the river. Well, he timed it perfect and the sound was simply awesome. My dad is a long time Mercury fan but even he had a grin from ear to ear. Sounds kind of like an Indy car coming down the straightaway.

KaptainKirk
04-27-2001, 09:27 PM
I have the stock charging system.AND NO it can't keep up!
And no ya can't hear the stereo when ya open her up.
But ya can hear it at 3500 rpms with the volume up and the exhaust caps on.In a anchored, no wake zone I last 40 minutes to an hour and a half depending on how much bass in the songs and still can start the motor.
Am running two deep cycle optimax batteries,and I carry a jump pack for when I enjoy to much so I can get home!
one amp for the jbl's one for the bose(am running 4 will install the other 2 next week).
Both batteries run to a blue sea 30 amp waterproof breaker then run from there to the front coffin to a amp.so thats a battery then a 30 amp breaker then the run to a amp.2 batteries 2 breakers 2 seperate runs.from batteries to amps is all done in 4 gauge wire(check that for weight!)From sub amp to subs 14 gauge.and from bose amp to boses is 16 gauge.
inline on the bose 16 gauge is inline bass blockers.subs are 12" free airs that are mounted in the walls one in front of the driver one in front of the passenger.for a box they are using the natural chambers in the boat created by the coffin size area down the middle front of the boat(for skis I guess)When running I use a tape deck head unit,when parked or going to anchor out I use a cd head unit,all is quick in and out with rca patch cords.Don't mount the units i set them on a towel on the floor mounted one and blew out the internal chassis at F01,inclosed another in a polyplanar marine radio box it overheated.Now just leave them on a towel and throw another towel over the top when runnin or it rains.yes I went though 2 head units in 3 weeks,since using towels 2 head units have gone a whole season and still crankin!going to switch out all lighting including runnin lights to L.E.D.'s so as to draw less power!at night.Can not run everything at once lights dim and ya don't want to know what the voltmeter does!!
I run Eagle superpro fishfinder,and a apelco 5160 VHF also.
So I need power!!usually only run the stereo when going slow and turn everything off when runnin ta charge,when I am on the lift in tha slip I unplug my lift and use shorepower with portable charger to keep everything topped off and ready to go!wish I had the charging capacity of the merc.'s.
sorry so long a post....
K.K.

KaptainKirk
04-27-2001, 09:33 PM
By the way even with all the weight,still doin the same speeds!!
K.K.

Bill Gohr
04-27-2001, 09:52 PM
First of all it doesn't have a tuner. Dry stacking will give you less bottom end. And doesn't do you a bit of good unless you're running big RPM. So, what do you want me to do. I'll do it......

KaptainKirk
04-27-2001, 09:58 PM
What can we do for more hole shot?
Besides drop in pitch,wanna get going sooner.
And how do ya see flames spittin out the sides that R.R. told me about?

FCnLa
04-27-2001, 10:18 PM
Those cylinoids won't use too much juice! What amp stator you got?

Bill Gohr
04-29-2001, 09:29 AM
Maybe you should have less stereo, or maybe another motor......

Techno
04-29-2001, 10:20 AM
Remount the Woofers so they point towards the back.

Bill Gohr
04-30-2001, 06:52 AM
A little ACE of Bass on take off. Did you hear that they're inforcing the noise regs big time this year(no bull****) my neighbor said yesturday that they have already given out 30 some tickets and half of them were for stereos. It's in the Lake Villa paper i believe......

Brad Zastrow
05-01-2001, 10:29 AM
There was an article in the Chicago Tribune this Sunday on the front page of the "tempo" section about the Chain-O-Lakes noise ordinance. Mike Lovergine who was running a triple 502 Fountain got three tickets last year and had his Chain sticker cancelled. Three strikes and your out. He is fighting this in court. I am even worried what may happen with my boat this year. Anyone know what closing off the offshore exhaust will do? Would the prop slip too much intially? Reduce noise at all?

Gerben
05-01-2001, 04:32 PM
Seems to me that the v-6 4strokes are here just in time....
(now too lose some weight on them, and where off to a whole lot of tuning goodies. so much more parts on a 4stroke...)

Although very unfortunate, this noise/enviromental issue is an unstoppable trend, which we can only hope to slow down..

Gerben

Bill Gohr
05-02-2001, 07:39 AM
I hear the Pistakee Lake commision is voting on an ordinance prohibiting triple engine boats on that lake and the river. Maybe you'll need to buy another house????? Putting the plates in will slip the props a little more. I put the plates in my motor once and really couldn't tell noise wise but it was noticable until over 8500. Soooooo.....

KaptainKirk
05-02-2001, 07:53 AM
Hey Bill what do you have for heads and or mods for my motor? That I can still run Pump premium?
K.K.

Bill Gohr
05-04-2001, 06:51 AM
what is on there now?????

KaptainKirk
05-04-2001, 10:30 AM
Stock heads.Whatever that is?
Only thing different is no air box,velocity stacks and reeds.

Bill Gohr
05-04-2001, 07:28 PM
no problem I've got just the thing, Call me 847-356-3245

KaptainKirk
05-06-2001, 07:43 PM
Will call ya during the day tomorrow!!
Have lotsa OMC questions,hope ya work load is light this week??