PDA

View Full Version : A freind calls, say's let's do lunch

NICE PAIR
06-24-2018, 10:17 AM
A buddy of mine calls. say's let's go to the Pirates Lair (boat place) for lunch.
Then he say's meet him @ the Byron Airport.
What a "Cool" way to see the Delta. (bucket list ride) if you ever are offered the opportunity ... Take it. :thumbsup:

http://fullscreenphotos.com/ad3c0

Onetime
06-24-2018, 10:46 AM
Well at first I thought wait a minute that’s my idea. Then I looked at the pictures and he definitely one upped my idea.

Wondering if that was a first for Pirates Lair. Looks like it was a great day. As always great pictures Steve.

NICE PAIR
06-24-2018, 11:15 AM
Well at first I thought wait a minute that’s my idea. Then I looked at the pictures and he definitely one upped my idea.

Wondering if that was a first for Pirates Lair. Looks like it was a great day. As always great pictures Steve.

This guy not only fly's, his name is Richard also, is that a flyboy thing? Negatory on the Lair, they've seen that act a bunch.
The food was good too.

Hey Richard, we're gonna kinda do the same thing only backwards. You're gonna fly into the Byron Airport, I'm gonna pick you up, then we're gonna go to the Pirates Lair in my boat.

2 weeks ? ;-)

rock
06-24-2018, 02:09 PM
That's pretty cool. I used to live out in the country and had a neighbor that had a raod side veggie stand, a corn maze, and occasionally put on live music shows. This particular year they had helicopter rides. Towards the end of the day this copter hovers over my drive then finally lands. Turned out to be an old boating buddy and he took me for a ride. Scared the crap out of me cuz I prefer to stay close to the ground but it was a cool trip. No sensation of speed once you are up there. This thing didn't even have doors. Once in a lifetime thing to have happen in your driveway and I gotta say it was one of the neater things I have had the chance to do. Beautiful pics by the way.

Rock

Onetime
06-24-2018, 02:15 PM
Hey Richard, we're gonna kinda do the same thing only backwards. You're gonna fly into the Byron Airport, I'm gonna pick you up, then we're gonna go to the Pirates Lair in my boat.

2 weeks ? ;-)

Sounds good, let’s plan on it. Should be done with my condition inspection by then.

SCT
06-24-2018, 02:25 PM
Very cool, N.Pair! Only thing better than a Piper Cub is a Piper Cub on floats!

Frank Molé
06-24-2018, 02:42 PM
looks like a blazt,great place to go boating..wow.........................

seahorse
06-27-2018, 02:33 PM
Very cool, N.Pair! Only thing better than a Piper Cub is a Piper Cub on floats!

For me, it's a Super Cub on floats. my favorite type of flying.

stokernick
06-27-2018, 08:35 PM
Damn, I live such a sheltered ordinary life! Nice Piper, great pics, and thanks for sharing how the other half of the world lives!:iagree:

NICE PAIR
06-27-2018, 08:55 PM
Damn, I live such a sheltered ordinary life! Nice Piper, great pics, and thanks for sharing how the other half of the world lives!:iagree:

All the stuff you see is above my pay grade, but I do have some pretty cool friends. ;-)

stokernick
06-27-2018, 09:58 PM
All the stuff you see is above my pay grade, but I do have some pretty cool friends. ;-)

Great to have friends who share!!:cheers: