PDA

View Full Version : Shutters on Mariner magnum 175 hp efi

Shane c
04-30-2018, 04:59 PM
After rebuilding my motor I was double checking all my link and sink, WOT those things. When setting the WOT I noticed my shutters weren’t open very fare maybe 1/4 of the way, then I noticed the screw that sets it was in almost all the way. Shouldn’t all 3 be open on a 90 degrease @ WOT

XstreamVking
05-01-2018, 10:48 AM
You sure that all is installed correctly? I would go back thru it and check all the parts carefully. It should open fairly close to 90 deg. Something is not installed correctly.

roadkill636
05-01-2018, 12:02 PM
Yes. The butterfly's or throttle plates will be 90* when fully open. They will only be 1/4 open at full timming advance then its all throttle plate movement after that.

Shane c
05-02-2018, 08:03 PM
When I put the throttle all the way dawn wide open they are only open 1/4 maybe than I noticed the the wot screw was almost set all the way in there is 1 3/4 of thread it can be adjusted. Thanks for the post nothing in the book goes over it.

KIRCHNER
08-20-2018, 06:09 PM
Yes. The butterfly's or throttle plates will be 90* when fully open. They will only be 1/4 open at full timming advance then its all throttle plate movement after that.
NOmatter what i do i cant get any butterfly movement untill full advance due to cam shape. all alignment marks are on. roller follows cam but does not rise until max timing. now i heard thats correct on laserefi?

1989 champion
07-07-2021, 01:55 AM
You have a set screw dawn in there. You need to line up the roller to your came you will see the lines they should be lined up with the throttle closed, write behind the fuel managment system you will see your a screw in middle of the 3 flys I beleive its 4 thousands clearance. You dont want your throttle fly to hit the stop because you take a chance of them getting stuck.