PDA

View Full Version : Shutters on Mariner magnum 175 hp efi

Shane c
04-30-2018, 04:59 PM
After rebuilding my motor I was double checking all my link and sink, WOT those things. When setting the WOT I noticed my shutters weren’t open very fare maybe 1/4 of the way, then I noticed the screw that sets it was in almost all the way. Shouldn’t all 3 be open on a 90 degrease @ WOT

XstreamVking
05-01-2018, 10:48 AM
You sure that all is installed correctly? I would go back thru it and check all the parts carefully. It should open fairly close to 90 deg. Something is not installed correctly.

roadkill636
05-01-2018, 12:02 PM
Yes. The butterfly's or throttle plates will be 90* when fully open. They will only be 1/4 open at full timming advance then its all throttle plate movement after that.

Shane c
05-02-2018, 08:03 PM
When I put the throttle all the way dawn wide open they are only open 1/4 maybe than I noticed the the wot screw was almost set all the way in there is 1 3/4 of thread it can be adjusted. Thanks for the post nothing in the book goes over it.

KIRCHNER
08-20-2018, 06:09 PM
Yes. The butterfly's or throttle plates will be 90* when fully open. They will only be 1/4 open at full timming advance then its all throttle plate movement after that.
NOmatter what i do i cant get any butterfly movement untill full advance due to cam shape. all alignment marks are on. roller follows cam but does not rise until max timing. now i heard thats correct on laserefi?