PDA

View Full Version : Merc 200hp carb order and jetting

Rkrofta
04-26-2018, 12:11 PM
I need some help on a older 200hp Mercury with a bobs nosecone. I acquired a Baker Custom not running and sitting since 2007. Im going through the motor and I have a few questions on the carbs.
1. The carbs are wh-14. stamped with 1, 2, 3 after the 14. I am assuming this is for the order of placement on the motor. Configuration when I pulled them off was 2,3,1 top to bottom and marked with a sharpie. I have always thought the carbs should be in order?
2. 2 of the carbs only have one vent bowl jets and the middle has none?
3. 1 carb (top) has 2 different idle jets. should these be the same on each side?
Any help would be appreciated!

FORBESAUTO
04-26-2018, 09:48 PM
The stamped 1,2,3 normally is in order from top to bottom. Looks like all the idles came with .052. The top and center carb vents came with .096 and none in the lower carb. The mains all .062. This is just based off a chart I have, all engines can vary depending on lots of variables. But this will give you a good starting point/ idea the way they came from the factory. Not uncommon for people to remove backdraft/ vent jets to richen up part throttle operation to correct surges at mid/ lower rpm ranges.