PDA

View Full Version : Florida. East coast or West.

bouyhead
04-13-2018, 08:13 AM
Would like to hear what you guys like or dislike about the two. I'm looking at Florida as a snowbird right now. I'll be bringing down my 22 Progression and looking forward to doing lots of boating. The Mrs. loves the boat, just cruising, eating out, and definitely hitting the sandbar/beach and throwing the hook for the day. North end on the west side is out, a little to quite and no beaches. South FL on the west looks awesome for boating, especially south of Marco. Cape coral is out, I spent the day there a few weeks ago and didn't love the vibe. Ft Meyers is to busy, and Naples is pricey. My buddy is in Vero Beach as I type this checking out houses and condos and he's loving it, he's probably going to purchase something. Would love to hear some input on both areas, particularly with boating in mind and the speed zones on the ICW. Thanks

bouyhead
04-15-2018, 08:41 AM
Anyone?

vnemous
04-15-2018, 08:55 AM
Look at Stuart, Pt St Lucie, lots of sand bars and restaurants on the water, Intercoastal easy to run north and south in. Winter is much warmer than northern Florida. Free boat ramps and beaches everywhere.

bouyhead
04-15-2018, 09:51 AM
Thanks, What's the deal with the Intercostal, Are there a lot of 25 mph zones?

vnemous
04-15-2018, 09:56 AM
Quite a few buts thats everywhere except the open ocean or lake Okeechobee and the ditch. We were running in the 90's in the canal out to the lake:D

bouyhead
04-15-2018, 10:32 AM
Quite a few buts thats everywhere except the open ocean or lake Okeechobee and the ditch. We were running in the 90's in the canal out to the lake:D

That sounds like a hoot! I'm definitely going to do the seasonal rent thing next winter. Just need to zero in on a good area.

BTW, The folks you have over at Fuller's hooked me up this winter getting my injectors serviced. Deb, Kevin, and George were very easy to deal with. Seems like you have a pretty well oiled machine running over there in NJ. Thanks

vnemous
04-15-2018, 02:40 PM
Thanks and we do. All like family at Fullers. Be back to work this week I think, They tell me my bench is full of injectors:D Florida is a big state with lots of coast line. Lots of nice places but you will find that in the winter when us snowbirds are there its their winter so besides us, not a lot going on till summer. I go down in July also after the rush and thats when its boating season. Nice thing about Stuart area is its not really a tourist trap so traffic is kinda the same year round from what I have seen. Heck nice enough for even Tux to buy there for the winter:D

XstreamVking
04-19-2018, 08:24 AM
You are right about SW fla and ft myers in particular. It is over crowded and the (sorry guys, no offence) yankees have ruined it. I don't want to be here anymore. The locals have changed the city's name to ft misery. It is miserable here because of the over crowding, and they just keep on advertising for northener's to "come on down". And then they have the nuts to call cape coral "paradise". ha!

FUJIMO
04-20-2018, 10:23 AM
Look at Stuart, Pt St Lucie, lots of sand bars and restaurants on the water, Intercoastal easy to run north and south in. Winter is much warmer than northern Florida. Free boat ramps and beaches everywhere.
Would you PLEASE stop this! All not true. All lies. Terrible place to live. LOL

XstreamVking
04-20-2018, 11:10 AM
My Aunt lived in Ft Pierce when I was young. Right on the Atlantic. Spent a lot of my summers there in the late 60's and early 70's. Last time I was there, a giant condo sat where her beach house was....Sad to see how it has changed there too.

vnemous
04-20-2018, 01:25 PM
Would you PLEASE stop this! All not true. All lies. Terrible place to live. LOL

I have even seen Unicorns frolicking on the beach:D

mach351
04-22-2018, 12:52 PM
You are right about SW fla and ft myers in particular. It is over crowded and the (sorry guys, no offence) yankees have ruined it. I don't want to be here anymore. The locals have changed the city's name to ft misery. It is miserable here because of the over crowding, and they just keep on advertising for northener's to "come on down". And then they have the nuts to call cape coral "paradise". ha!

Theyve done the same thing down here in the Keys.....done ruined it. I’ve been here since I was a kid, and for the first time in my life I’m considering leaving....sucks. Mid state looks awful nice.