PDA

View Full Version : Wild car at the cruise last night.

Raceman
05-04-2003, 04:57 PM
I may have seen the sleeper of all sleepers last night. It's roughly equivalent of T Rex runnin' the Chrysler cowls on his Merc. (except this one apparently doesn't eat pistons on every pass)

This guy had a 4 door Rambler ambassador, with old faded green paint and a white top. It did have a set of slicks on the back, but the way it was sitting, they were somewhat un noticeable. One of the guys I was hangin' with said he saw it run 9.0's at the track a couple of weeks ago, but they'd put bigger tires on it and though it'd go 8's now. I'm like, Yawn, so what, a lot of cars run 8 second 1/8 ths. He said, no, he's running 9.0 quarters. I go over an look at this thing and it's got a cage tucked in so neat that you don't see it without gettin' right up next to the car. It's got a laptop in the front seat, which is a full bench seat/back seat carpeted stock interior. It's got a belt driven blower and some high dollar engine management system hooked to the laptop on a smallblock chevy. This car sits level and looks stock from 50'.

I sho am glad I didn't threaten to jump him with the old BB Camaro, it could've been ugly.

WATERWINGS
05-04-2003, 05:05 PM
sleeeeper!

Was it the lay down Rambler, where the front seat would "lay down" into a BED?

(almost better than a van, on date night!):D

Raceman
05-04-2003, 09:07 PM
I dunno about the laydown seats, but I'll bet there's been some cash layed down if he's a street racer.

Talon2.5
05-11-2003, 06:14 AM
should have gotten a pic of that one!!

theme song for that car.........."rambling man" bob seger ;)

Raceman
05-11-2003, 09:31 AM
There was a show all day yesterday in a local Church parking lot and I took the camera, but the Rambler didn't show.

I took a bunch of my stuff, and also went and picked up my friend's F40 Ferrari, which I displayed in the middle, with Corvettes on both sides. I don't think anybody even looked at my stuff. The F40 is such a crowd stealer. I bet that I could've made a fortune lettin' kids sit in it and chargin' 5 bucks for a picture.

WARLOCK
05-12-2003, 07:43 AM
SINCE YOU'RE INTO ALL THIS HI-PO STUFF, CHECK OUT MY BUDDY JEFFS, WEBSITE. HTTP://WORKSSTAND.COM/ . LOOK UNDER JEFFS STUPID GUY STUFF, THEN LOOK AT HIS NEW ULTIMA G/T HE JUST GOT DONE WITH. ALSO SPEAKING OF SLEEPERS, LOOK AT HIS WICKED CADDY. LATER DAVE

stray cat
05-16-2003, 11:03 AM
I remember in a Hot Rod several years ago a little short article about a 4 dr Rambler that had a twin turbo small block and was named Lil Ugly. The owner said that he used a 4 dr car because he could put bigger tires under it . I thought what a killer sleeper, bet that surprised a few vettes and Mustangs.