PDA

View Full Version : Stereo horror stories...

DickDanger
08-10-2001, 12:39 AM
Well, this is a word to the wise about stereo installs in your boat...
I went to a well known "professional" shop that advertises in "Hot Boat" magazine, in Riverside, CA. 'cause I figured that if they have done a bunch of boats, it would be solid work....NOT!!!
First, when I dropped the boat off, I didnt leave the keys with it (you dont need the keys to check the stereo), but I do keep an extra set under the dash. What should have been just a simple head unit install, turned into: my spare keys in the ignition, obviously the boat had been started cause I always put the boots on my headers on a certain way, and they were totally put back on wrong. The interior of the boat had been vaccummed when I dropped it off, and now it was all full of $hit everywhere, mud, wires, tape..etc.. then the battery was almost completely drained, and I ended up having to buy a new one cause the other one wouldnt hold a charge. And the big kicker was: when my buddy and I were at the lake yesterday, the head unit fell out on his foot, and gave him nice bloody laceration for his trouble of comingout to the lake with me. I am sure that he was real impressed!!!
In conclusion, be VERY careful on who you trust your stuff with, as I know that i will be next time. -Dick Danger out

Jrocket
08-10-2001, 07:41 PM
I'm sorry to say I know the shop you are talking about,and in the old days he was quite good.But he's going down hill fast,my close friend was running the shop there.He has now left and opened his own shop,quality work,descent price,stands by his word.If you need some phone numbers to help with the stereo,just ask.I'll do what I can to help ya..........Johnnie Rocket

ODDD1
08-10-2001, 08:20 PM
Sorry to hear of your trouble,Dick.....it gets harder by the year to find people that give a **** about their work....