PDA

View Full Version : Glasstream Setup

TNRoostertail
09-13-2017, 10:04 PM
Hey guys I own a 17.5' Glasstream Elite bass boat. I have done a lot of research and found that these boats have in fact the Hydrostream Viper hull. I know a lot of you guys here run the Viper and they are a loved boat. I am just about ready to take it to the lake and do some testing. I have a 6" Hi Jacker jack plate, 115hp Mercury (tower of power) late 70's and a 24p Laser II prop. What are your guys recommendations on the initial prop to pad setup? What props run best with these hulls? This is a fairly light boat weighting 700lbs without fuel and the engine weighting around 300lbs. I will be running 2 batteries and I just have 1 tackle box 5 rods and a soft bait bag. Me a buddy and gear will average around 500lbs max. I know it's hard to guesstimate setups until you have current specs but I am trying to narrow that down before I get there to make it a little easier. Thanks in advance.
I enclosed the only pic I have that will load up, it is the boat before I got it. I will try to get more up if needed as it has been cleaned up and I will be rhino lining the floor.

TNRoostertail
09-13-2017, 10:18 PM
Also they made a hand laid hull Skeeter Wrangler 120 that is identical to my boat but 2 foot shorter if that helps. This looks like a fast boat looking at the hull, I am going to try and get a Black Max or similarly larger engine for it next year.