PDA

View Full Version : 175 XRI fuel injection

iwannagofast
04-18-2017, 12:43 PM
I have a xri 175 fuel injected engine that I am replacing the hp fuel pump on. when I removed the inlet hose, the rubber check valve thats supposed to be in the fitting on the bottom of the VST was inside the inlet hose. Merc part# 18241. It's ripoff expensive at around $340. Question is since the fuel pump also has check valves, has anyone tried running without this little piece of solid gold? I know in later engines there is no such valve and they make pressure just fine.

David - WI
04-18-2017, 12:50 PM
That's just criminal... I would find a way to run without out, like you say. A little cheaper here if your back's against the wall and you can't run without it: http://mercuryperformance.com/18241-check-valve-p-138312.html

iwannagofast
04-18-2017, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I know I can get it cheaper, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience on not using it. I'm almost done putting it back together without, so Ill have an answer soon.

iwannagofast
04-18-2017, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I know I can get it cheaper, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience on not using it. I'm almost done putting it back together without, so Ill have an answer soon.

OK,so it's back together and running good on the hose without the valve, now time to test on the river.
I'll post the results.

Magcat 62
04-21-2017, 10:04 AM
I have a xri 175 fuel injected engine that I am replacing the hp fuel pump on. when I removed the inlet hose, the rubber check valve thats supposed to be in the fitting on the bottom of the VST was inside the inlet hose. Merc part# 18241. It's ripoff expensive at around $340. Question is since the fuel pump also has check valves, has anyone tried running without this little piece of solid gold? I know in later engines there is no such valve and they make pressure just fine. WHAT year xri my 87 has a filter in that hose not needed imo