PDA

View Full Version : Trailer parts (today!)

rookieflyer
04-18-2003, 12:10 PM
My trailer barely made it back home the other day. One bearing somked and inspection reveals cracks in the hub.

Where might I start looking for replacement parts? I have a feeling that looking thru 'trailers' in the yellow pages is a sure way to get ripped.

Clues anyone???

TIA,
CL

vector mike
04-18-2003, 12:53 PM
All of the boat stores carry trailer parts and some of the auto parts stores do too. There are 2 surplus stores here that carry everything for trailers at about half the price of everywhere else. Let me know if you need some phone numbers for them. :)

rookieflyer
04-18-2003, 01:14 PM
Thanks.
Are any within driving distance from Brooksville?
Even if not, a phone number or two would sure help.

Chris

vector mike
04-18-2003, 01:21 PM
They are both on the East coast by me. Not sure where Brooksville is but these are both in Daytona. One is "Surplus Unlimited" at 386-252-5019 and the other is "Daytona Surplus Marine" at 386-255-3528. Both are excelent stores with just about everything you need and both are open on Saturday.

Gordie Miller
04-18-2003, 04:10 PM
a trailer store makes 20 bucks. Shop to the ends of the earth to save 3 bucks. Once again guys, time IS money!

rookieflyer
04-18-2003, 07:50 PM
Your dog looks just like the beloved Husky that I lost to old age a few years ago.....

Anyway....

The point is that here in good ol' W Central Florida, it's a fairly long drive to any store, let alone a trailer shop that might actually carry spare parts. here in Brooksville we *ALMOST* have to plan a day's outing to get groceries. Of course we have a brandy-new Wal-Mart, but that doesn't count since everything they sell is cheap and worth even less.

When I can find what I need around here, or should I say that when a good ol' boy shop owner realizes that he has what I need, the SOP is for them to try to find out how much is in my bank account before deciding on a price - you know the old: "How much is it?" - "How bad dya need it?", or "How much ya got?" thing.
I usually grumble, walk away, then find someone to order online from, waiting days for the shipping and missing another weekend.

So where you live there's a trailer shop around the corner that will only charge a $20 premium? Great, can you get a hub for me and ship it please?

Since I will have to drive anyway, why not find a good deal.

thom65383
04-23-2003, 09:45 PM
i was just in brooksville 2wks ago you got a new tractor supply store on 50 a great place for trl parts also try ocala trl. parts
thom

rookieflyer
04-24-2003, 07:06 AM
I found (by word of mouth) a small trailer repair shop in a back-barn off 98 just N of Brooksville. He has a large inventory of parts and has great prices. In fact, at the prices he gave me on several items I'm thinking about replacing everything on the trailer...

BTW, 1-1/16 x 1-3/8 x 4.5 hub was < $25 with bearings/seal/caps/nuts.
needless to say, my trailer is rollin' once again....

Thanks all!

C