PDA

View Full Version : kennedy kraft

boatbuilder41
12-16-2016, 09:15 PM
I guess there isnt much info around for tbe old kennedy kraft 13's. I just restored my dads old boat for my daughter. Does anyone know tbe capabilities of tbese boats with a 3 cylinder omc. I know it varies with many factors. We havent run it yet. Just wondering what to expect. . Its got .100 of the head. Minor exaust work . 4" setback with a hijacker hydraulic jack plate and i have a coue of different props. I was gonna start with the 13 3/4" 25 pitch 2 blade bronze prop. Its just a stock gearcase. Im going to run it sunday for the first time. Its been retired for 30 years... i dont know anything about the handling of this boat.. i was just a kid when my father ran it . It had a mod 50 OMC way back then

olboatman
12-17-2016, 07:09 PM
Nice job!!! :thumbsup:Great lookin rig..... does the hull have a pad? ;)Gary

boatbuilder41
12-19-2016, 12:33 AM
Yes. It does have a pad.

sharpeye Mike
12-19-2016, 08:52 AM
A 25" cleaver would be a good start. You can block the top water intake hole on both sides of the gearcase, use epoxy or silicone.

The top two holes I use silicone and the middle one I used epoxy. I was experimenting at the time and it's been like that for 5 years. LOL
I would get rid of the hydraulic jack plate, too heavy for your application.

boatbuilder41
12-23-2016, 09:46 PM
fo you run a kennedy kraft??? The pic looks like my bottom. . . Im just tryin to set this boat up. I hwve run it with a old merc 2 blade 23 pitch. . It was real loose as far as handling. I agree on removing the jack plate . Snd i would like to purchase solid motor mounts. . I noticed the little bit of movements in my mounts. . It makes a lot of movemrnt ehen on the pad. Do you know where i can purchase solid mounts ???

boatbuilder41
12-23-2016, 10:33 PM
fo you run a kennedy kraft??? The pic looks like my bottom. . . Im just tryin to set this boat up. I hwve run it with a old merc 2 blade 23 pitch. . It was real loose as far as handling. I agree on removing the jack plate . Snd i would like to purchase solid motor mounts. . I noticed the little bit of movements in my mounts. . It makes a lot of movemrnt ehen on the pad. Do you know where i can purchase solid mounts ???

sharpeye Mike
12-24-2016, 09:26 AM
My boat is a Delta, those boats were made for short shaft motors like the old OMC 3 cyl. Stingers. They were mounted directly to the transom, some people would put 2"x4" for a little set back. I understand the need for the jack plate in your application but the boat would probably handle better with less set back and less weight.

boatbuilder41
12-24-2016, 10:37 AM
i do have a 15" mid but its not set up for trim. Hupefully i will have it set up correctly before spring time..... thanks

sharpeye Mike
12-24-2016, 06:02 PM
You might be surprised how well it works with out trim.