PDA

View Full Version : New Brand Of Race Vest On The Market...

Corona Mike
12-07-2016, 12:54 PM
Found These On E-Bay. R.C.D. Safety Products. Very Reasonable Price! (About What A USED Life Line Or Security Sells For) Fast Shipping... I Ordered Mine After 4:00 Eastern Time, It Got Here Monday Around 2:00. Pretty Comfortable! Quality Is Not Bad At All! Can Be Certified For APBA Use. And I Was Able To Talk To The Owner Of The Company With No "Press-1 For..." Anyone Looking For A Reasonable Priced Jacket Mite Want To Give Them A Try! BTW, Merry Christmas!!

afr
12-07-2016, 01:20 PM
cant find them / so far got a link ?

Corona Mike
12-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Type In "Racing Life Jackets" On E-Bay They Still Have The Add With PH## Up. I Think On The 2nd or 3rd Page...

vnemous
12-07-2016, 04:02 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Water-Ski-Race-Life-Jacket-/302156474441?hash=item4659ede849:g:lHIAAOSwqrtWo0vC

Corona Mike
12-07-2016, 04:15 PM
Thanks! I Bought One They Aren't To Bad At All For The Price! Even Come With The Kevlar Sleeves If You Want Them For No Extra $$$.

vnemous
12-07-2016, 04:21 PM
do they come from Australia?

Corona Mike
12-07-2016, 04:46 PM
No Michigan... Super Nice Guy To Talk To. He Said They Offer Custom Colors But, They Are About A Month Behind. I Just Ordered A Orange One. One Pretty Neat Feature Is, They Have Side Adjustment Straps So, If A Large Is To Small And A Extra Large Is To Big, You Can Adjust Them.

David - WI
12-07-2016, 04:55 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Racing-outboard-life-jacket-/112216700228?hash=item1a20a2f544:g:hB4AAOSwzaJX3GEC

afr
12-09-2016, 08:41 AM
thanks not to bad looks like you would save a hundred bucks or so
if i can get the boat fast enough ill have to get two of them

58Evinrude
12-25-2016, 12:26 PM
Are they coast guard approved?

Corona Mike
12-25-2016, 04:39 PM
I'm Going To Say That They Are The Same As The Lifeline/Security Race Vests That Would Be Not Approved. You Can Call The Guy Direct... Super Nice Guy... And He Can Tell You. BTW, If I Order Another One, I'll Change One Thing. I'll Have Them Add A Strap With A "D" Ring To Attach A Kill Switch Lanyard. Other Than That, For The Difference In Price, It's A Nice Vest.

58Evinrude
12-25-2016, 04:55 PM
I got in touch with them... nope, they are not USCG approved. Same as Lifelines.

Tomanytoys
12-25-2016, 05:38 PM
Are they coast guard approved?
They're not approved on this side of the border, neither are Lifelines or SRP.
They're a nice vest, good bang for the buck for sure.
I've got a couple of em if you're out for a sled ride up this way gimme a call and check em out.

58Evinrude
12-25-2016, 05:52 PM
I've been looking for something better than my Mustang S & R vest, I might take you up on that offer to have a look at them.

Corona Mike
12-26-2016, 06:54 PM
It's Much Much Much Better Than Your Mustang Vest! Just Haul A Couple Of $10.00 May-West Vest's That Are USCG Approved (insert Joke Here) With You And Wear A Good Life Vest!

58Evinrude
12-26-2016, 07:29 PM
It may not be a racing vest but I think its pretty good, and for the speeds I'm running (low 80's) I feel safe in it. Getting a better one is part of my plan for this year.
https://mustangsurvival.com//professional/sar-vest-0?division=professional&country=23

Corona Mike
12-28-2016, 11:54 AM
It may not be a racing vest but I think its pretty good, and for the speeds I'm running (low 80's) I feel safe in it. Getting a better one is part of my plan for this year.
https://mustangsurvival.com//professional/sar-vest-0?division=professional&country=23

I Think You Kind Of Missunderstood Me. Didn't Say Anything Bad About The Mustang Vest It's Just Not A Hi-Performance Vest And, At The Speeds You Are Running, Low-80's, It Is Not Going To Offer You Any Protection. Mid Year Last Year A Good Friend Of Mine Went Over In A Tunnel @ Approx 70-mph. He Had A Good Hi-Performance Ski-Vest On... Leg Straps, 4-buckels Heavy Duty Zipper... The Vest Did Stay On. But, He Suffered Lower Back Injuries That Kept Him In The Hospital For 3+ Weeks. IF! Your Mustang Vest Would Stay On It Offers ZERO Back Protection And ZERO Impact Protection. So, Yes It Will Float You But, In My Opinion, Yo Will Be Hurting. Good Luck And Be Safe!

58Evinrude
12-28-2016, 01:31 PM
Oh, I know it's not the best. And to be honest, with my body I could be in a suit of armour and still be hurting if I flip my ride. I just want to be floating afterwards! :)

Chummy
02-16-2017, 10:36 AM
Hey Mike, post a few pics of the vest please

Corona Mike
02-16-2017, 06:33 PM
Hey Mike, post a few pics of the vest please

Brad, I Couldn't Post A Picture If My Life Depended On It But, It Looks Very Similar To A Life Line Comp. Vest. Mine Is The Standard Orange Color. But, He Makes Them In Other Colors. I Needed The One I Bought Kind Of Quickly For A Boat Test Or I Would Have Opted For Another Color I Think It Would Have Been $25.00 More. Nice Vest For Less Than A Used LifeLine/Security Sells For!

Whaaaaat
04-10-2017, 04:55 PM
Anyone know if these vest are still selling? Can't find on eBay. If anyone has contact info let me know please

Chummy
04-10-2017, 07:11 PM
+1 (231) 833-0318

Whaaaaat
04-10-2017, 07:36 PM
Thanks. Any reviews from user's on here​? Need to get a vest for girlfriend

Corona Mike
04-11-2017, 07:00 PM
The One I Have Is Still Kind Of New So, It's A Bit Stiff.... Similar To A Race Life-Line/Security. It's Not Near As Confortable As A Ski Vest But, Offers Much More Protection For Sure! I'll Bring It To The Keys Run Next Month If You Want To Try It On.

Whaaaaat
04-11-2017, 07:05 PM
I ordered one today. I have a life line and offered to buy the girlfriend one when I got the boat. She wouldn't even get near the boat then. Now she's helping me fix it, she likes it so much. So the best is for her. Now I need some padding on my thigh where she has her death grip when we're running.

stokernick
04-12-2017, 09:20 AM
I ordered one today. I have a life line and offered to buy the girlfriend one when I got the boat. She wouldn't even get near the boat then. Now she's helping me fix it, she likes it so much. So the best is for her. Now I need some padding on my thigh where she has her death grip when we're running.

better your thigh than your junk!!:eek:

Kevin Letta
04-24-2017, 10:03 AM
hey guys, check out RCD racing on facebook...guy is making abp100 jackets in a ton of different colors and patterns...under $300 brand new. Haven't gotten mine yet so i cant speak for the comfort or durability but it's definitely better than nothing

Whaaaaat
04-24-2017, 10:09 AM
I got one for my girl. It's a nice vest. It's a little big for her, think I might order a smaller one then sell the one we have. Only worn once at RR. Quality is there. It's got a softer inside material than my lifeline. More comfortable if shirtless underneath

Kevin Letta
04-24-2017, 10:10 AM
are you referring to the mustang or the rcd?

Whaaaaat
04-24-2017, 10:28 AM
Rcd vest. Leg straps are a must for me at the speeds I can run

Kevin Letta
04-24-2017, 10:30 AM
very cool! mine is coming with the crotch straps...the guys name is lee, he seems to be willing to make just about whatever you could want...cant wait to get it!

Locke96
04-24-2017, 12:37 PM
373388I have one of these and use it almost every time out when really running. In case any of you guys are really looking into them

Pros: looks- color matched my boat pretty well and it's not that ugly ass coast guard orange.
Price-I wanna say base model was like $200 and I paid like $250 total for multiple colors. Way cheaper than a life line and the same certification. I run DSRA with mine.

Cons: I've never worn a life line, but from what I see this one is a little longer than the lifeline. When sitting down the collar comes up and is kinda in the way with a helmet, but manageable.

Time- when I first ordered it (somewhere around December 2015, or January 2016) it was supposed to be done in 3-4 weeks. Not bad for a 1 man show. After months of excuses it finally came in April of 2016. Now that was a year ago and it looks like he might be producing a lot faster. I hope so

Bottom line, this jacket is bad ass! I started running my boat at the end of high school and like most high school and college kids, I'm on a tight budget and couldn't afford $500+ for a good safe jacket. When I started seeing 80+ in my boat I decided it was time to get a good jacket and found these on another thread. Although it took forever at the time to get, it was worth every penny and a great jacket. I hope he's producing faster now and more people can get into these. I love mine

David - WI
04-24-2017, 01:07 PM
That ugly-ass orange color that makes you easier to find if you're stuck inside your upside-down boat.. or in the water at night... or from the air? :D

Locke96
04-24-2017, 01:09 PM
I didn't say it didn't have its purpose, just not a fan of it

David - WI
04-24-2017, 02:30 PM
I didn't say it didn't have its purpose, just not a fan of it

I agree... I was just messing with you. I hate wearing a life jacket but now I feel like I have to wear one if I expect the little guys to wear theirs and not complain... it sucks getting old! Orange Lifeline is still in the bag though... haven't had a chance to need it yet.

altec7777
04-27-2017, 07:36 AM
really can't wait to get my RCD Vest hopefully sooner rather than later! Looks high quality and definitely at a price that can't be beat!

powerabout
04-28-2017, 07:37 AM
I think of the vests we wore offshore years ago, 4- 6" of padding in front and very stiff on your back with maybe 2" which is what you need when you might take a bite out of the boat when you get tossed.
Now the gear is a waterski jacket with crotch straps, just designed to keep the dead body afloat I guess

Whaaaaat
04-28-2017, 07:58 AM
I've seen those old vest. I think they were Kapok, a natural tree fiber, prone to water logging. The modern vest are synthetic foam. I'm sure designed to be just as impact resistant or more. Modern technology just makes them smaller and less bulky. Maybe the next leap will be to incorporate air bags like the rice rocket racers have in there leathers.

powerabout
04-28-2017, 08:22 AM
I've seen those old vest. I think they were Kapok, a natural tree fiber, prone to water logging. The modern vest are synthetic foam. I'm sure designed to be just as impact resistant or more. Modern technology just makes them smaller and less bulky. Maybe the next leap will be to incorporate air bags like the rice rocket racers have in there leathers.
if you think 1" of lightweight never get waterlogged foam has any impact protect then you might be leaving the gene pool sooner then you think
The non tear nylon is certainly an improvement but I wasnt testing it every time out so what difference does that make, sure it will lastonger so thats a plus and srvive multiple ejections

pappa pete
06-05-2018, 11:26 AM
I've had 2 ordered for 9wks still no jacket, quoted 4wks,

ProComp
06-07-2018, 10:03 AM
https://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?336438-RCD-lifejackets-AVOID&p=3049186#post3049186

Locke96
06-07-2018, 07:03 PM
Well, looks like unfortunately he hasn’t cleaned his act up yet. Damn shame cause he makes a good product but clearly no time management or people skills.