PDA

View Full Version : A beautiful lake today - walk around of boat

peter1708
10-23-2016, 07:30 PM
Wanted to get a video of the boat at the dock, saw how beautiful the Lake Crescent, WA. was on this late fall day, had to post it. Reached a new top speed of 59.7mph on the GPS.

Mahogany and maple, all planks book matched.

The mahogany wind screen is attached with 6 ss machine screws, with threaded inserts behind. Removal is easy and provides access to GPS antenna and back of dash.

GPS speedo, tach, H2O pressure, volts and water pressure gauges.

Pete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4BfzCWo_UM

NICE PAIR
10-23-2016, 08:05 PM
Wanted to get a video of the boat at the dock, saw how beautiful the Lake Crescent, WA. was on this late fall day, had to post it. Reached a new top speed of 59.7mph on the GPS.

Mahogany and maple, all planks book matched.

The mahogany wind screen is attached with 6 ss machine screws, with threaded inserts behind. Removal is easy and provides access to GPS antenna and back of dash.

GPS speedo, tach, H2O pressure, volts and water pressure gauges.

Pete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=migxavoKDEw

Really close, beautiful boat/motor ... what are you running for a prop?

peter1708
10-23-2016, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the compliment! I'm spinning a 24" small eared chopper, not quite 5600rpm (maybe 5550 rpm). Usually I run a 22" small eared chopper, figured I'd go for a speed run today. I've run a 20" Light Speed, but it doesn't have the performance (or the pitch).

Pete

NICE PAIR
10-23-2016, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the compliment! I'm spinning a 24" small eared chopper, not quite 5600rpm (maybe 5550 rpm). Usually I run a 22" small eared chopper, figured I'd go for a speed run today. I've run a 20" Light Speed, but it doesn't have the performance (or the pitch).

Pete

Just bein nosy, we used to run the old 2 blade brass props and hammer a little cup into them on a trailer ball if needed.

Have you tried flapping your arms? you're really close to your mark. Good luck ;-)

tux974
10-24-2016, 05:28 AM
AWESOME boat, love it!!!......:thumbsup:

peter1708
10-24-2016, 07:57 AM
Just bein nosy, we used to run the old 2 blade brass props and hammer a little cup into them on a trailer ball if needed.

Have you tried flapping your arms? you're really close to your mark. Good luck ;-)

:) !! Hell, I've been trying to lose 10lbs for the last 2 months to get that extra mph - it ain't happening LOL!

NICE PAIR
10-24-2016, 08:02 AM
:) !! Hell, I've been trying to lose 10lbs for the last 2 months to get that extra mph - it ain't happening LOL!

A couple of years ago my brother and I had the same issue ........... we had to lose weight if we wanted to maintain or gain speed.

We added motors. :thumbsup:

rob245
10-25-2016, 07:07 AM
Geeezzz, that boat is gorgeous !