PDA

View Full Version : 3.0 tps

fortlaudypower
09-13-2016, 08:50 AM
curious if anyone has encountered this....03' 250 EFI, the TPS actuator rod from the downdraft throttle blade actuator seems about an 1/8 to long. When I put it on I must advance the TPS about an 1/8" There is no way of adjusting down anymore unless i lower the idle screw on the butterfly and it seems as low as it should be (it still has the factory blue thread tell tale on it) Will this small incremental advancement of the TPS effect my idle or performance otherwise. It does idle fat, always has however, maybe this could be why??? Thanks for any advice or help.

XstreamVking
09-13-2016, 09:31 AM
That seems to be right, about the arm and tps position. The computer uses the tps signal as a starting point, where ever it sits. That's why they tell u not to use any fast idle to start it up. This is what I have been told, by a tech. Check the roller on the throttle blade ramp for wear. Some times they get worn and quit rolling and develop a flat spot.

fortlaudypower
09-13-2016, 05:26 PM
Thanks Xtreme, replaced my roller in the spring, it was flat spotted. I will run on then. thanks again.