PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Sound! Long Story

HammerDown
08-06-2001, 04:30 PM
A friend and I both 21 Daytona's (his 502 efi-mine 468 rat) were burning up the water ways in Md. Sunday.70 mph side by side,not raceing,just stretching our legs when I start hereing BANG,POW,CLUNK,BURP,thats right BURP! I then looked over and my friend's boat came to a sad halt.Well I got out old faitfull,NO not the tool box,...the TOW rope! While I was towing him back to the ramp,3 miles!boy do I have some NICE color on my headers now! I could see him ripping things apart.By the time we got back to the ramp he had busted #3 push rod in hand.Well we thought the motor would have to come out for sure,NOT SO!By the time I got back to Phila.He called and said he pulled out and replaced the lifter (with the head on!)the old one was ok.Looked at the cam,ok,put in a new Crane push rod and had the motor running!!!said it sounded great!The tip of the push rod found a new home down in the pan,hopefully never to be herd from again...The End!...

rstover1
08-06-2001, 08:48 PM
My luck would have been got everything togther ran great untiL................you name it would'nt have ended there for me. Glad your buddy had better luck.. Oh yea I thought headers were supposed to be blue.. That crome just dosent seem to last not for me anyway..